XXIII

First reaction of Yuvan when he entered in his house today was- wow!

His reaction changed to the one of confusion when he saw Shreya standing in front of him with a sweet smile on her face.

Next his eyes went wide when he saw Shreya's look. She looked.....different! In a good way, of course.

She was wearing a pink dress which ended up at her knees and her hairs left open. She looked sophisticated and elegant just like Yuvan likes.

His eyes roamed all over her. She was wearing heels which she doesn't like. She usually wears shoes or sandals. But heels? They were a big no for Shreya but, today she tried for Yuvan.

Yuvan found her looking exceptionally beautiful and stunning.

"What is all this?", Yuvan asked.

"I planned something for us today", she told. "You were acting off since a few days so, I thought to do something to cheer up your mood".

Yuvan's heart swelled up with an untold feeling and a smile made way to his face. "Thank you".

"No problem", Shreya said as she went forward, gripping his arm and took him to the backyard.

Yuvan was shocked yet over again when he saw the decorations done.

"Did you do it all by yourself?", Yuvan asked, looking around himself.

"Yes", Shreya said proudly.

Yuvan quirked an eye brow at her knowingly and she quickly said, "I mean, the idea was mine. The servants helped in setting this all up".

Yuvan laughed shaking his head as they made their way towards the mat that was placed on the ground.

The whole place was decorated with fairy lights giving a golden tint to the atmosphere. They were now sitting on  the mat and Shreya threw the duvet over their legs.

"What about food?", he asked.

"That I made all by myself, I swear", Shreya told.

Yuvan made a face as if he was impressed by all this. All his favorite food items were placed there. White sauce pasta, Rajma rice and caramel coffee.

"Is this a date?", Yuvan teased, a smirk on his face.

Shreya's eyes widened as she shook her head. "Yes?... I mean no!...like it's just us spending some time together like friends... So, it's a friendly date".

"Friendly date?", Yuvan asked.

"Yup"

"Fine then", Yuvan smiled. "What should we start with?".

"Rajma rice", Shreya said as she served him food. They began eating and Yuvan noticed that she was eating with a spoon today.

"I see you have learnt manners", Yuvan said.

"Shut up", Shreya said, glaring at him and Yuvan laughed in response.

"You look cute when you are angry", Yuvan teased.

"Shut up", Shreya said once again, looking at him with wide eyes as her cheeks tinted pink due to his comment.

They ate together making random jokes and teasing each other. Once they were finished with Rajma rice, they decided to watch a movie and save pasta and coffee for later.

"Yuvan, can I ask something?", Shreya asked, looking at him intently.

Yuvan hummed in response as he was busy in choosing the movie on his laptop.

"Why were you so off these past few days?", she asked hesitantly.

Yuvan paused the work he was doing and gulped nervously. He sat straighter and looked at Shreya.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. As a wife and as a friend, I thought you would feel better if you share it with me. I won't force you to tell me. It's totally up to you".

Yuvan sighed and said, "Mitali and I have broken up".

Shreya's mouth hung open due to the confession that Yuvan made.

"She thinks that we aren't going anywhere with this relationship and it was getting difficult for her", Yuvan said, looking down. "She feels insecure and it's all my fault that I treated her in this way that she feels insecure and scared".

"No Yuvan", Shreya said. "Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. You did your best. It's just that in this situation no one can do anything. We all are helpless".

Yuvan nodded and looked at Shreya. She was looking absolutely peaceful under the golden lights.

Yuvan leaned forward and kissed her forehead. Shreya blushed furiously and she looked at him.

"Thank you for this amazing night", he said with a smile.

"No problem", Shreya replied and smiled back at him.

They watched the movie 'The Notebook' and the pasta that Shreya had made.

Yuvan felt his best when he was with her and decided to make her happy no matter what.

Maybe it was the start of something fresh between them. Start of something more than friendship.