XII

"Shreya", Yuvan called out.

Shreya turned towards him and said, "Yeah?? "

"Whatever happened today, will not happen again. She doesn't come here usually. She came today because she couldn't control her emotions", he said seriously.

"No! It's fine. I understand", she said. "I understand that she is sad. If I were in her place, I would have done the same thing. You should try to make her comfortable about this".

Yuvan raised his eyebrows and looked at her. She was standing there nervously, fidgeting with her fingers. He shook his head with a sigh and laid down on the bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.

________________

Next day

Shreya was following Nitya quietly. It was the day that she gets auditioned again. The director already liked her performance and if she succeeds to impress the producer, she will get this role.

"I can't believe that you are finally gonna get this role", Nitya said excitedly

"Don't get too excited Ni", Shreya said.

"First of all don't doubt yourself. I know that you're gonna do great. And by the way, I really liked the story of the movie", Nitya said, throwing her arm around Shreya's shoulder. She can't help but smile at her friend.

This movie was based on a novel which was a murder mystery. Krish Kapoor was the producer as well as the lead actor of the movie. If Shreya gets this role, she will become the lead actress opposite her husband's brother.

A lady came in front of them. She was the assistant of the director.

"Good morning mam. Sir has called you for the audition", the lady said.

Shreya nodded and gave Nitya a hug. "All the best Shri. I know you will do amazing".

Shreya gave her a look one last time before going inside with the lady.

When she entered inside, she saw the director smiling up at her while Krish was looking into her files.

He was impressed when he looked at her files. She had done small roles before and he can't believe that she managed to impress the director.

" Can a new girl be trusted with doing lead role in my movie opposite me?! ", Krish thought to himself and scoffed.

Krish didn't know yet that she was his sister-in-law. He never really remains at his home and don't even like to spend time with his family so, how will he know about this.

Neither did he remember her from the night at the club.

When he looked at her, he was mesmerized. She was beautiful. He started checking her out from top to bottom. He looked at her rosy lips and let his eyes linger there for a moment.

Shreya felt quite uneasy under his stare.

They gave her a few dialogues to perform in front of them and after it was over, Shreya felt as if she didn't do good. She wasn't feeling confident.

She was looking at the ground constantly and when she finally gathered the courage to look up, she felt embarrassed under their gaze. She felt as if she has ruined her chance again.

"Okay, you can go. Wait outside, I will tell you later if you are selected or not", the director said.

Shreya nodded and went outside. Nitya was waiting for her there.

"How did it go?? ", she asked, taking her hand in hers.

"I don't know", she replied in a hoarse voice. Suddenly she felt like crying. She gulped and rubbed her eyes.

Nitya quickly pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

They both were sitting on the chairs when the door opened and the director came out.

"Shreya, you have been selected for the role", he told.

Shreya thought that she heard it wrong that's why she didn't react for a few seconds until Nitya shook her.

"Oh my god!! Shri I am so happy for you", she said ans hugged her tightly.

Shreya broke down into tears and sniffed. She finally got a big role. Now, her dream will come true.

_________________

When she came back home, she was in a really good mood. She entered the house with a big smile on her face.

But, her smile slowly faded away.

There was a woman sitting on the couch in the living area.

Mitali.

Though, this marriage meant nothing but still meeting Mitali felt weird. She just wished silently that next time when Yuvan tries to meet her, he meets her somewhere else. Shreya never felt good vibes when she was around Mitali.

Mitali looked at her and now she had no choice but to face her.

"Come on Shreya! You can't let her ruin your mood", Shreya thought to herself and went to Mitali with a smile plastered on her face.

"Hii", she said. "You sit here, I will come back in a while".

" Why are you trying to avoid me?? ", Mitali asked. "You and I, both know that one day or another we both have to face each other".

Shreya opened her mouth to speak something but nothing came out. She just stood there dumbfounded.

"Yuvan told me that he was forced to marry you", Mitali said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "But I don't understand what did you do that Kapoor family wanted you to marry him?? What tricks did you use to fool them??".

Shreya looked at her with eyes squinted.

"Whatever but I want to make a few things clear", she said sternly. "I and Yuvan love each other since very long and whatever tricks you are playing, will never do us apart. I hope you know what your place is. Yuvan is a nice guy but he has a reputation. You should know that he is out of your standards".

When she first met Mitali, she thought she was beautiful and kind but that image now completely changed.

Here was the real Mitali, arrogant and bitchy.

Shreya stifled out a laugh and Mitali had a sour expression on her face.

"As you already said before that you both love each other then, there is no need to tell me these things", Shreya said. "Don't worry Ms. Mitali. I never wanted to marry Yuvan. It was an accident. I will never come between you two. Don't you trust your boyfriend?? "

Mitali was shocked to hear these words.

"I trust my boyfriend very much", she said. "But I can't underestimate the fact that he is amazing. Many girls are there after him. Trying to make him theirs. I am warning you Shreya. Be careful. Yuvan loves me and only me. If I get to know that you tried anything with him, I will not leave you".