XI.

"I am sorry Mitali. If you want to leave me, you can. I will never blame you. You can go and marry someone else. Someone better than me who will treat you right", Yuvan said, holding her hands in his but a cloth in between to avoid the rashes.

"How can I ever leave you Yuvan?", she said, looking directly into his eyes. "I have always wanted to marry you, since we were small. I really can't live without you".

"Fine then", he said with a sigh. "I just don't want to see you getting hurt".

"I trust you. I know you will surely give her divorce one day and then, we both can finally be together. I will wait for you".

On the other hand, Shreya was sitting in living room. Her face was pale and when the house maid saw her, she thought that Shreya was angry because Mitali came to visit.

"Yuvan sir and Mitali mam have been best friends since their childhood that's why they are so close. You don't have to worry about anything mam".

"Oh", that's all Shreya could say. She understood that the maid didn't know anything about Yuvan and Mitali's relationship and she can't blame her for this.

"From how long do they know each other?? ", Shreya asked.

"Since they both were 4 years old", the maid replied.

"That's quite a long time", Shreya said.

"Mitali mam gets angry at small things and sir would always have to say sorry. They have been like this ever since. I feel their relationship is like a brother-sister one. You don't have to worry about anything mam".

Shreya felt bad for Yuvan. He could not ever touch the girl whom he loved . They had known each other for so long but couldn't touch each other.

"Don't worry, I am not angry with Yuvan", Shreya said to assure the maid. "I just wanted to know about them, that's all. I promise I am not angry with all this".

"Mam, you are so nice", the maid said, smiling at her. "You and Yuvan sir make such a great pair together and I am sure that you both will be happy together".

Shreya's heart felt a pang. But why?? She knew that this marriage is just a contract and they will have to break it one day but a thought crossed her mind when she heard the maid's words. Thought of living with Yuvan forever.

But this can't be possible.

"But if they both are so good together then why their parents didn't agree for their marriage?? ", Shreya asked.

"Yuvan sir's grandfather never liked Mitali mam. She was always arrogant and he never liked her. He gave her so many chances but she always messed up things", the maid told. "But leave these things now and have some dinner".

"Yeah", she said and sat on the couch with the plate of food in her lap.

At the very moment, Yuvan entered inside and he saw Shreya sitting on the couch mannerlessly and she was eating with her hands without any spoon or fork.

"For God's sake", he groaned. "Can't you do something clean for just one time??"

"What?! ", she said. "I have washed my hands. How is this not clean now?? ".

He was getting angrier by each passing second as he saw her mixing the rice with the pulse with her hands.

"Yeah, you don't know how to eat food properly", he said, his face scrunched up in disgust.

"Yes, I don't know how to eat properly", she replied, glaring at him. "I am not like Mitali. My mother died when I was very young and my father never accepted me as his daughter and don't even get me started about my step mother. No one taught me manners so, don't expect me to behave as you want. I can never become like Mitali".

Shreya continued to eat her food but Yuvan was still glaring at her.

"What now?! ", she groaned. "If you have problem with me eating like this then, I will not eat in front of you. Anyway, you will not remain at home for long"

Shreya taunted him but it was the truth. Why would he remain at home if he had Mitali? Won't he like to spend his time with her rather then wasting his time fighting with Shreya??

"You said right. Mitali really has manners. At least she doesn't eat with her hands all messy", he said as his eyes were fixed on her hands.

People always say that you should marry the person who is at your level and Shreya realised how correct this was.

Shreya and Yuvan were so different from each other. Both of them were at two different levels.

Shreya looked at him and she could see how angry he was. He was basically fuming with anger. His face was red and she could imagine smoke coming out of his ears if he gets angrier now.

"Please don't be angry", Shreya said. "I will not eat in front of you from now".

Yuvan just rolled his eyes and went away.

Shreya finished her food and after washing her hands properly, she went to her bedroom.

When, she entered inside, Yuvan was sitting on the bed, with arms folded in front of him.

For a moment, she was lost in admiring him but quickly regained her conscious and walked past him.

"Shreya", he called out.