The aftermath.

Angelo was sitting outside for once, for the first time in years he had decided to sit in nature rather than inside of his room. On the hillside, next to a tree, looking down over the city. Watching it like a spectator, an omniscient point of view that can see any crevice of it whenever he wants to. He had just read the newspaper, where it says that PizzoPapparazzo had to pay off a fine at 100k SEK to Angelo for compensation for the events that unfolded, but that her movement found it unfair and are stil trying to appeal it. Miranda, the woman whose purse was moved, became noticed for special needs awareness and became deemed as an important figure in standing up for the ones in need, and was classed as citizen of the year. That is as far as he read, as now that everything has ended, he just wanted to bask in the silence of relief and solitude. Although, he saw someone coming up to him from the side.

- Hey, I heard from your father that you were here. 

Joni was there, and decided to check up on him. 

- I am, have a seat. 

- Must be the first time you invited someone in this way.

- There is always a first for something, even being the head of a scandal and being wrongfully accused. But yes, sit down. 

Joni sat down next to him, looking down at the same view, feeling like there was a calm after the storm.

- You know, what you did by telling Kevin that Solfrida liked him. I gotta say that it was a bit chaotic and a bit against my principles, but hey, you really did well haha

- How did I do well?

- Because I finally got my sister back. Even if it needed to get to that point to where her school and her former idol dislike her, she is now realizing her self-worth and has gotten herself new friends who actually look up to her for once and stand by her side. It's just...you have no idea how happy I am for her.

- So, while she didn't get love, she got something else. Her own pack.

- Exactly. My father is now getting quite some recognition for this too, but I think the fame is getting a bit too much at him. Wonder if he'll retire soon. I read that your father's company got more recognition too and the stocks are rising, more people are buying shoes from him than ever. I guess the winners write history after all.

- Pft, history this history that. You get three different versions of a story that happened a few days ago as we clearly saw, and people think they know what happened a thousand years back. It's true though, you could say that our point of view is now the canon one.

- Hmph right, life's funny...

- It is, it truly is. Now what about Kevin?

- Kevin? Forget him. I don't even want to talk about him, but I want to thank you for saving my sister from him yesterday. I think the Lakostner family must be...well, pretty much fucked by now. Honestly I have no idea how that "social impairment" plan even worked haha, it is quite embarrassing.

- Yeah seeing as we made them pay over 100 thousand of their money because of their son, I'd say they're not that happy.

- As crazy it sounds, this experience was a blessing in disguise wasn't it? For being so unkind, you sure were an angel in disguise.

- I see what you did there.

- Hah, well. So what are you gonna do now?

- We'll see. Angelo stood up, looking in the distance.

- Wait, we'll see? What do you mean?

He smiled a little bit for himself.

- I don't know. My whole life usually felt like a monotone trajectory, devoid of any other possibility than me being isolated by myself. I was offered a psychological examination, but I denied it, and I am going to work as a janitor too at my father's company.

- Huh? A janitor?

- Yes, and I am happy that way. Simple, and lonely, I demand nothing else. If I am happy with it, how could I ever have a mental disorder? I did not learn about empathy as I went out for at first, but there is one thing that I learned about our society. One very, very valuable thing.

- What is it?

- That I do not want to be apart of it.

*Bump* A football bumped on Angelo's back.

Joni gasped, looking back to see a little girl, standing with a teddybear in one hand and holding her little sister with the other.

- I'm sorry! That's my ball!

.........

Angelo, lifted the ball up with his foot, and gently shot it towards the girl, her grabbing it in the air.

- Oh nice shot! Thank you kind sir! She giggled and ran away.

Angelo looked at her.

- ...Kind sir.