Angelo Castillo - Ready to take on the world!

Ah, how wonderful it looks! I'm so glad that everything is going well today! It looks like people are starting to gather up. I shall prepare the juiceboxes, the paint and the flowers!

Solfrida Tulip is doing some volunteering in the town-center with cleaning, selling juice, free face-painting and handing out free roses. Any chore that she, or her group can get their eyes on, they will do it, because a good deed starts with oneself and ones own initiative. 

Meanwhile, Angelo is on his way to start his therapy as planned.

- Seems like she is the one standing over there.

Hey you, woman. Are you the one who is going to teach me empathy?

- Huh? Hehe, wait no no that's not how you do it, she said, while reaching out her hand. My name is Solfrida! Not woman. Pleased to meet you! You must be Angelo!

He grabbed ahold of her hand.

- O..Ouch! Hey let go! You're gripping too hard, ow!

He lets it go.

- Ow geez you've got quite the steel grip don't you? Well, heh, as you can see, we have just started out with our volunteering project! Isn't it lovely?
..........

So eh, have you done anything like this before or what?

- Let's get straight to the point Solfrida. Tell me what I have to do and I will follow accordingly.

- Oh! Okay! Wellll, we can start by, ummmm, giving out flowers! Here, let me show you.

An elderly lady walks up to the flower stand.

- Helloo! Would you like to have a free flower?
- Why thank you! Um, I'll pick a red one please!
- Heere you go! Have a nice dayy!~

See Angelo? If someone is having a bad day, all you have to do is to give them a flower! When you see their face as it brightens up, you just can't help but to feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Remember this Angelo: As you give, so you get! Here, try it for yourself!

- Warm and fuzzy inside you say. Hey you, Angelo pointed to a child. Have a flower.

The mother of the child looked a bit startled and hesitant, but decided to go through with it, although a bit cautiously.

- Oh, well what flower would you like to have from that nice man, sweetie?   

- Hmmm, I want the red ooone!! Can I have that one mommyy? Like a Disney pwincess??      

- Hah! Like a Disney princess indeed. A red one will be good!

Angelo picks out a red flower and hands it to the little girl. 

...................................................

- Ahem.....Angelo, you're supposed to say "have a good day" now, remember?

- Have a good day.

- Waiiit mommy I want the white one too, I don' even like red by itself mommy.

- One flower per person. Have a good day.

- BUT I WANT THE WHITE OOOONE!!

- You were the one who said red. You had already decided. Now have a good day.

- WAAAAH!!! HE'S A BIG MEANIE MOMMY!!! I WANT THE WHITE ONE TOO!! I WAANT IIIIT!

Solfrida lunges in to interfere:

- Okay okay! Here, have a white one too, sweetie! She says while bowing down and handing out a white flower. I wish you a Merry Christmas too okay? Santa will give you plenty of gifts this year, promises!  

- Uhuh, the little girl said, nodding her head. The mother walked away with the child, giving a mean glance to Angelo. Solfrida was not pleased with this action. 

- I do not feel "warm and fuzzy" inside.

- Angelo! When someone says what flower they want, you have to give it to them! 

- That is what I did. One flower per person. She said red, so I gave her red. She wanted, and I gave as she demanded. 

- But she was just a little child! The flowers are free anyways! It doesn't hurt if you give her another one too!!

- And what does she want next? A pony? Rules are rules and they apply to everybody. That little girl will be up for a rude awakening once she grows up and realizes that everything will not be served to her on a silver platter. Her teachers, let alone her boss will certainly not care about making exceptions to please her demands. Once someone wants a pinky, they will take the whole hand, Solfrida.

- I mean! *Sigh*, whatever, let's try something else! Also, don't point at people, it makes them feel threatened. So, ehm, look over there! An old man is trying to pass the street! I will show you how to help him. First, you go up to him, and ask if he wants help! If he says yes, then you cross him over the street. It's pretty simple isn't it? Here let me demonstrate this for you:

- Hello! Would you like some help crossing the street?

- Oh thank you dear! My hips aren't like they used to be you know?

- No worries! Let me help you through, Solfrida said, helping the old man across the street. 

See! It wasn't that hard! Now you see, there is another elderly person coming up now, and I want you to try the same thing that I just did. Easy right? Can't mess this up.  

 He nods. 

- Let me help you across the street, Angelo says while grabbing ahold of the elderly man. 

- Hey wait what are you doing young man I can go by my own! Thank you anyways!

- I'm helping you across, now come here.  

- Hey stop pulling me you bastard I said I don't need no help! Let go of me goddamn it- 

*HOOONK!!*, Hey! Leave that old man alone or I'll call the police!

- You sit down, Angelo said, pointing at the driver. I am helping him. 

Solfrida runs in and separates the two. Excuse the inconvenience mister! He is with me! Have some money. I apologize deeply that you were roughed up like this mister! 

- I don't want no money, miss, just make sure that damn psychopath stays away from me! 

Solfrida pulls Angelo away from the ruckus, apologizing once again for what had happened. 

- Talk about being ungrateful. 

- Angelo you have to ask him if he wants help first! You can't force yourself upon him like that! If they don't want help, then do not help them! 

- You really expect of me to instantly remember all these steps in chronological order?

- Remember- what?? Are you serious right now? This is something you have to memorize in steps? Isn't this just obvious social competence? Wait, one second, can I just take a minute to step aside for a bit? I need to think about this. 

- Like father like daughter.