As you give, so you'll get.

- Look, it's that girl. 

- Who, her? 

- Shh be quiet. She'll hear you. 

- What's up with her tho come on??

- She was in a relationship with that crazy bus-dude. 

- No way, her?? She seemed nice. 

- I know right, I guess you either die a hero or live long enough to be the villain. Fucking hell man. 

- I could never believe it...she's messed up. 

- Maybe that's why she tried to act so nice, so that nobody would assume her secret.

- Oh yeah those "nice" people always got something to hide. Fake ass bitch. 

................................................................................................................................................................

Joni was in her apartment having a smoke from her balcony and a sip of lemon water. She had tried to quit, and managed to cut down a lot, but this time she needed a puff to calm her mind. With all that was going on, smoking less was the least of her concerns. 

*Knock knock knock!*

- Oh, she's here.

Joni lit off her cigarette, went up and opened the front door. It was Solfrida.

- Hey Sol, what's up?

- Nothing...I just need to lie down a bit.

- I see. Well I'll be making some tea in the meanwhile.

- Yes.

Joni was making green tea, as she had heard that it had plenty of health benefits for both body and mind, but it also managed to make her relax whenever needed. Her mother had been a health guru and forced her to drink it growing up, and while she distained it back then, she can't help but to find it nostalgic looking back and making it in honor of her late mother's memory.

While Solfrida had a close relationship to her biological birth-mother, Joni often played the role as the second-mother, or an aunt, more so than a sister. Reason being that she wanted to give Solfrida the comfort and guidance that she had missed after losing her own mother. Besides, her father was more focused on his own money rather than caring for Joni, therefore she lived a life devoid of support and purpose for many years. The tea being a symbolic reminder of her mother's love - A bittersweet sentiment, just like the tea.

- What do you wanna watch?

- Eh, I don't know. Anything really.

- Alright.

She put on a documentary about penguins. It depicted a lonely, green little penguin that the crew had named Pingu. Pingu had been abandoned by his mother, excluded from his tribe and was left to live alone. Without nobody to support him, the male emperor penguin-cub had to fend for himself and find a new tribe wherein he could belong.

- Joni, can we switch to something else. Please?

- What's wrong?

- Nothing just switch the channel.

- What's with you?

- JONI! CHANGE THE DAMN CHANNEL!! GEEZ HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT??

- Get out of my apartment.

.....................................................................................................................................

Solfrida, I'm sorry for being harsh, but I know that you are hurting and not telling me what is going on. 

- What do you WANT me to SAY Joni!??? THAT IDIOT CLIENT OF OUR DAD HAS RUINED EVERYTHING! EVERYONE HATES ME NOW! Now what?? You're still gonna testify for that asshole?? 

- Listen I-

- YOU'RE GONNA PUT HIM OVER YOUR OWN SISTER!? HUH? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO!? WHY DO YOU CARE FOR HIM SO MUCH!??

- Solfrida I......

- ANSWER ME!- 

- LISTEN SOLFRIDA! I WANT YOU TO QUIET DOWN, AND LISTEN UNTIL I'M FINISHED, ALRIGHT!

- ....Fine then. 

- Look, this trial does not only concern Angelo. It concerns all of us; Not only our dad's reputation as a therapist, Angelo's family and the difficulties they've had to face everyday because of this - But first and foremost, YOU, Solfrida. If we do not fix this then your reputation will be permanently stained. I did this at first just to help our father out, but after seeing what Kevin did to you at that basketball game, things have become much more personal. If you think that I put Angelo over you, then you are highly mistaken, because you will always be my sister, and I will ALWAYS do my best to protect you. 

- Yeah, whatever.

- ...

- ...

-...Karma's a bitch isn't it Solfrida?

- Excuse me?

- You heard what I said.

- Oh no no what do you mean?? "Karma's a bitch", what are you trying to say?

- So now you're listening.

- What did I do to deserve this!?? I was the one who welcomed him into the group and you know it!

- On my behalf.

- I really tried!

- For being 'open-minded', all you did was to shun him for not doing things the way that you wanted him to. Whatever he did was "wrong" and whatever he said was "wrong". You never treated Angelo as a fellow human-being but as a problem in need to be fixed - A walking wrong that was in need to turn out right. That is where you fell off.

- A wrong...in need to turn out right?

- You claim to be a humanitarian helping others in need, yet you were unaccepting of someone who needed that help the most. As you were treated in school today, is how you and others have treated Angelo for his whole life, and when he finally attempted to fit into society again - He got shooed away and reprimanded. You treated him like a misfit, and that is how you through twisted fate became one yourself, which truly serves as a friendly reminder of your own words my dear sister; As you give, so you'll get - And you sure got what you gave.

-.............

- Solfrida?

She covered her face with her hands, sunken down on the couch. Not saying anything, frozen, her mind like a machine, being in the process of recalibrating all the internal frameworks that it had ever known up to that point.

- Joni...what have I done...

- Hm?

- ...all of what you are saying. I-...

- Solfrida?

- How could...could I have been so...blind?

Solfrida broke down in tears, confused, lost and distraught. Joni made her realize how badly she had treated Angelo and how closed-minded of an individual she herself had been, and even when she ended up being treated the same, she had still shifted the blame onto Angelo rather than to herself.

- I put my status over another human. I'm such a horrible person Joni, I hate myself so much.

Joni hugged her, embracing her the same way she hadn't felt in a long time. It was one of her duties to give what she doesn't have.

- I'd try to convince that you're not, but right now I'll let you bail your eyes out in peace, my sister.
.................................................................

If you don't humble yourself, then life will humble you.