Who am I, who are you.

The volunteering gang were at the basketball court. All of them were hooping, both able and unable alike, but Solfrida was sitting on the bench, thinking for herself.

- Sigh. I need to have Angelo with us, but I don't know how he's supposed to fit in here...

.......I barely fit in myself.

Angelo came into the court, saw Solfrida sitting on the bench and decided to approach her.

- Hm? I wonder what he is gonna say now.

He sat next to her in silence.

.................................

- Well, Solfrida said. How are you feeling?

- Nice group of friends you got.

- Oh, yeah, they are pretty nice!

- Nice enough to tell you that they do not like you.

- Wha? What are you talking about? Don't make assumptions about people.

- I heard it all at the pizzeria, and a little bit more in fact.

- Angelo... why are you eavesdropping on us? You were listening to us this whole time you went to the toilet? That's rude. You think you can listen to someone without the full context and just conclude things??

- If that is how friends talk out of context then I don't want to know the full one. Why are you together with them? Tell me. Why are you with people, who clearly do not appreciate you? I'd love to hear.

- Oh...it's not how you think. Solfrida said, looking down, wrapping herself around. It's just...sigh...it's nothing special. I just, think they're cool and all. Not a big deal.

- What's cool about being with people who don't even like you? If that's "cool", then I do not want to be cool.

- I mean, Angelo. You don't really get it. Like, you ever went to high-school, right? Besides, it's not a big deal, as I said, forget it.

- Alright.

......................................................................................................

- I see that you're looking at that boy quite a lot.

- Huh? I dunno what you're talking about.

- Kevin.

- No?

- Is it his body? His graceful basketball playing that catches the eye?

- Angelo be quiet! You're not funny! Shush! He's coming here!

Olle and a shirtless Kevin walked up to Angelo and Solfrida with a towel wrapped around his back.

- Sup y'all! Olle exclaimed. You're not gonna play?

- O..oh! Hi Olle! Hey Kev. We're just taking it easy on the side.

- Sure thing! Kevin's gonna have a basketball game next week, y'all should come! Hey, Angelo. Come to this place next Friday at 5 pm. It's gonna be a blast!

- Right on! Solfrida said. Of course we'll come! I'll...I'll see you there, Kev.

- See you.

Olle and Kevin walk to the locker room.

- You really are head over heels for that boy.

- For the last time - Angelo, stop it!!! We are just friends! Don't get the wrong idea!

- Why don't you tell him?

- ANGELO, sigh. Fine, I'll admit it. He is a bit cute I guess, but it's nothing more than that I promise!

- Hm.

- I mean, it's just. I can't tell him okay. Besides, why do you care so much?? I thought you were emotionless anyways.

......................................................

- Oxytocin.

- Hm?

- It is a hormone produced in the hypothalamus and released into the bloodstream by the pituitary gland. It is also known as the love hormone. Love is one of the most common emotions described in music, movies and literature. It is usually described as being engulfed in a wave of excitement and anticipation.

- Okay?

- In order to feel this emotion, what you need is empathy. The ability to connect with others and put yourself in their shoes. Empathy helps with forging friendships, connections and creates satisfaction in human beings. It is also shown that good social relationships are the number one factor for happiness in people, as proven by a study conducted by Harvard University for over 75 years.

- Oh? That's interesting, but what are you trying to say? Did you recite this from ChatGPT or something?

- Solfrida. There is a reason I came to your father for help. All my life, whenever I wanted something - I figured out my own way to get it. This time around, it was different. I knew that I could not do this on my own. Why I came to your father in the first place, was because I wanted to learn how to feel this emotion.

- You wanted to feel love?

- Empathy, love, closeness. It's not like I care, but I hear about how amazing these emotions are all the time, and wanted to reap the benefits for myself for once. Solfrida, you have this ability, and letting it go would be such a waste.

- What are you trying to say?

- You got a goal: That is Kevin. You have what it takes to reach it, therefore seize the opportunity while you still can. You only live once Solfrida, and in this life, the biggest regrets are not the actions that you did do, but the actions that you didn't do.

.....................

I will get going. Remember what I said. *Angelo leaves*

.......................

- Seize the opportunity. Kevin, my goal? I do not understand, can't he see that Kevin is clearly out of my league? Does he really want me to ask him out? No no, he thinks that he's gonna touch me with his 'sophisticated' words, but I have more questions for him now if anything...he said something earlier.

"All my life, whenever I wanted something - I figured out my own way to get it."

He had to get everything for himself? How was his family like? Didn't they love him?.....was he abused?

I can't deny that I was troubled by you at first, and in many ways I still am, but I have to admit to myself that I am now more intrigued if anything.

Who are you, Angelo? Where did you come from? Why are you the way that you are now?