Chapter 19

Hey! Sorry we didn't update last week! We got really busy, so thank you for being so patient. We really appreciate it. Anyways, this is really last minute so it's going to be really bad since we didn't have enough time to actually write it well. So just bear with us. We promise that next week's chapter will be a lot better XD. Ok enjoy the chapter~

_______________________________________

Chapter 19 ~

Canada's POV~

"Why did I do that?! I'm such an idiot! Of course he'll now ignore you forever and ever you idiot!" I reminded myself whenever I got the chance to just hit myself repeatedly over and over again against something hard. A wall would do.

Why did I do something so careless? I mean, I doubt he even likes me like that! He probably hates me right now.

"Uh, Birdie. You know zhat I don't hate you for zhat, erm, moment ve had."

I just looked up and stared at Gil. Was I thinking aloud? Can anything get any worse from here?

"Mein gott Birdie, calm down. Zhere's nothing to worry about. If you vant, ve can just pretend zhat it never happened and put it behind us..." My eyes widened and I felt like collapsing into a heap and then curling up in a ball to cry.

The thing is, I don't want to forget. I want to remember every moment with you, I love you so much it hurts every time to breathe around you. Can't you see that I love you? Why can't you just acknowledge my feelings? I wanted to tell him that so badly, but I was too frozen in time to move.

"Okay." It took me almost all the strength I had to say that one word. Papa always said that showing that you love someone would lift off that heavy weight off your heart. There was one thing he missed. What if the person doesn't return the feelings?

~Prussia's POV~

"Ve can just pretend zhat it never happened."

"Okay. Friends?"

No. Not friends, something more. I don't want to be just friends. Can't you see? How can we ever be friends now?

"Friends. Now let's go find Francey-pants." I faked a smile as we continued our way through the maze like corridors, but when he turned around I frowned and leaned against the wall, closing my eyes feeling like I fell into a dark hole that I can never escape. I saw a look of sadness in his eyes but I ignored it. I must be imagining it, and I feel like everything was an illusion. Was that kiss an illusion too? Just my mind playing tricks on me?

"Gil?" I was brought back into reality and pushed myself off the wall.

"Coming Birdie," I smiled and he returned the gesture. We traveled side by side in the halls, our heels clicking against the tiled floor and our shadows created eerie figures along the steel walls. I saw Birdie inch closer to me out of the corner of my eye, his eyes flitting back and forth.

We'll find your Vati Birdie. Don't vorry, I promise ve vill." He nodded and clung onto my arm. Now how could I break my promise when he's expecting so much from me?

~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~

"Last time I saw him, he vas tied up somevhere over zhere." I guided us to the exact spot where he was and saw a pile of ropes.I heard a squeal and then turned around quickly.

"Matthieu!~ Gil!~" A french accented voice cooed. I relaxed and smiled.

"Hey Francey-pants. I see zhat you handled the situation by yourself vithout our help. At least you can do somezhing." He pouted and crossed his arms.

"At least I have better clothes zhan you mon ami." He poked me and I laughed.

"My clothing is more awesome! Kesese, at least I don't wear dresses everyvhere, unlike someone I know."