Part Twenty-five

I am an hourglass.

Your life has collapsed and buried you from the inside out.

Your legs feel full of sand and stapled together, your mind overflowing with grains of indecision, choices unmade and impatient as time runs out of your body.

The small hand of a clock taps you at one and two, three and four, whispering get up, stand up,

it’s time to wake up

“Wake up,” he whispers.

A sharp intake of breath and,

You're awake but not up, surprised but not scared, somehow trying hard to find the very desperately dark orbs eyes....

And you see, Taehyung is sleeping. He's sleeping right next to you. His hands holding your hands.

It's so dark in the room that it takes you several tries to blink your eyes open and understand your surroundings. You catch a glimpse out the window and find the moon filled to the brim, pouring light into this little room.

You look at Taehyung who was sitting on a stool and seems to be fast asleep.

You couldn't help but touch his hairs, as slowly and gently as to not wake him up.

But your attempt went in vain and he jerks up, sits awake.

"Y/n!" He called your name and you smiled. He stood up and began to panic.

"You're awake. Omg you're awake, y/n."

"Taehyung- '' you call him slowly and softly, and his heart seemed to stop. He waited so long to hear his name from your lips.

"Is it hurting somewhere? Let me call the doctor. omg- you're awake." He says and cries, in joy.

"I should call your mom and dad..jimin, yeri, jungkook–" as he stops and looks at you.

Tears slipping down from your face,

He held your hand, "why are you crying? Is it hurting somewhere??" He asks and blinks his tears away and wipes yours.

You shake your head as you slowly speak, "tell me it's not a dream..it's real.."

He squeezed your hand and placed a kiss on your forehead, "it's real. This is real. I'm alive. You did it, y/n." He says and cries,

"How did you–"

"I know. You think I didn't know your little secret of travelling in the past and intentions." He says and smiles,

You furrow your brows in confusion, "when did you find out?"

"Do you remember you gave me this pendant?" He says and pulls out the pendant from under the collar of shirt and looks at you. You nod your head and look at your pendant.

The soulmate pendant...

❝ time doesn't stops but when two hearts finally become one, the pendant will shine and the power of stone will be in hands of two to save each other ❞

A tear escaped from your eyes, "I–" you choked on your words as he pressed a kiss on your forehead.

"I know everything but I couldn't tell you. I'm sorry for making you suffer....six years was too long- I thought–" he didn't know what he was saying but he let out at once as you cut him off,

"I love you, tae."

He stares at you, with his glistening eyes as you smile and grab his jaw slowly with your trembling hands.

When you touch him, you feel like your body finally gains its liveliness.

He wipes your tears with his pad of thumb and chuckles, "do you know how much I waited to hear that aloud from you?" He asks, you shake your head in no.