Part Six

Jimin was staring at you, straw in between his lips sipping his ice-coffee and his eyes piercing in your soul to guess what you were trying to find.

"What are you trying to do y/n? You asked me to come early in the morning just-" he found you paying no attention to him, he slammed his drink on the table spilling a little bit on the table making you look at him but you looked away again.

"-just for this?" He sighs and looks away in his own frustration. He side-eyed you, who was unbothered and scrambling through the picture and albums.

"Can you at least tell me what you are trying to do- or trying to find?" He asked, leaning towards gaining some attention from you.

"I want to look at something..just give me two minutes." You said, apologetic. You know he is annoyed by your behavior but your inner mess was much more for you to be bothered.

Your mind was a mess, in fact it was getting messier every second. You couldn't find the picture of you and him but nari and yours were replaced by it.

Your hands again flipped the pages of the album but only got disappointed and frustrated in the end. What's happening..?

Photo of you and Nari, was in your hand.

You couldn't understand, how it can be possible?

"Y/n, What are you trying to find? Can you please tell me?" This time he didn't hide his annoyance. He was annoyed that you were telling him nothing when he could see you frustrated and puzzled for some reason.

"I- I'm trying to find a picture of Taehyung with me.." You mumbled. Your voice shutter to even call his name aloud. Jimin wasn't shocked but he was puzzled, the girl who didn't want to say a single thing about him was digging the soil again.

His lips parted,

"Why are you trying to find.... after so many years?"

Your hands halts, you open your mouth to say something but shut it when nothing comes out. You don't have any excuse to give. He was right, why after so many years? Why are you trying to dig into the tragic and aching past....now?

"...y/n what's going on in your mind?" He speaks slowly, his hands moving towards your shaking hands and putting on tops of yours.

"I saw him...in my dream-" you paused, "-and...he lied..he lied that he could overcome anything..he was smiling and was happy. He wasn't a person to jump from the building...he wasn't a person to do something like that..." everything flashed in front of you as if it happened yesterday. Your voice shutter in the end, your throat was aching, chest was heavy with the grief.

"I could have saved him...if I reached there early...he could have been alive...happy with us..it was my-"

"It was never your fault, y/n. It was never your fault." Jimin said, he said that thousands of times but it never felt genuine. It felt like a lie. You weren't sure if it was your imagination but his eyes were blaming you...for his death.

"We promise to not dig into the past and let it ruin our future, didn't we? You have to move on....for yourself. You can't change what happened, y/n." He squeezed your hand gently and gave a tight-lip smile.

"Promise me, you won't talk about him ever again." He said, pulling out finger. You look at him and the short-pinky finger in front of you.

Your hands hesitates, "I-" you look at Jimin, his eyes pleading to you. As much as he wanted you to move on, he wanted you to forget everything about him, which was him ; his best friend.

You intertwin your finger with his.

"Promise."

The inner mess in your head was making it impossible for you to keep the promise you made with jimin. You couldn't concentrate on anything which was happening around you.