Part Twelve

Taehyung runs with you, through the corridor of the school. Your heart beats fast, you didn't know if it was because of running or because of him.

He opens the door of the art room. The moment the door wide open it reveals Yeri, Jimin and nari writing and scrambling through books and Jungkook sitting on a desk in an empty art room.

Chest heaving up and down and hard pants fell around you and him. The four pairs of eyes turned towards you and Taehyung, who were holding each other's hands and panting like a dog as if it was chased by a leopard.

"Where were you both?" Yeri asked. Her eyes travel towards the intertwined hands, "And are my two besties holding hands?" Yeri cocked her brows and looked at you and Taehyun.

"Omg, are you guys finally dating?" Jungkook jumps from his seat as Jimin and nari look at you and then Taehyung, puzzled.

Taehyung turns around to meet your gaze and then looks at the holding hands, your small one is his big one. He clears his throat and shoves his hands away from him in panic and walks towards the empty chair before dropping his bag on it.

You didn't like how his touch faded away. You didn't like how he left your hand.

"I bought the file you left home, Yeri." Taehyung said and put the big file on the table, avoiding the gazes.

"Where were you both? What takes you so much time?" Yeri walks towards Taehyung with folded arms around her chest and shoots a teasing glare.

"Exactly! We almost finished everything. You bitches ditched us." Jimin points his fingers towards you and Taehyung and grit his teeth together.

"Yeah, thankfully jungkook dropped by and helped us." Yeri looked at Jungkook who blushed hard and looked away avoiding Yeri's gaze, "it was nothing." he mumbled.

"Our bus was late. We're sorry. We will make up with you guys." Taehyung said, coming with a lie cleanly without shuttering which he mostly does when he lies.

"We?" Yeri furrowed her brows and side-eyed her brother. Taehyung clears his throat and looks away, "I mean..y/n and I will make up with you and I understand you're angry but can you stop giving me looks?" Taehyung snaps back making Yeri roll her eyes.

"No!" She said and went back to her work. You let your bag fall on the other chair beside Yeri and sat. Jungkook walked behind you and bent down near your ear, "you like Taehyung, don't you?" He whispered.

You flinched. You covered your ears and turned your head back to see Jungkook who was teasingly smirking at you.

"Omg you scared me." You said as he chuckled," so it's true." He said and walked away.

"What's true?" Nari asked and looked at the guy who was smirking with a teasing smile dancing on his lips, "oh nothing, however I just hope it's true so I can lose the bet." He said and lifted his brows before giving a small glance to Yeri who was quick to catch that.

"You look too happy to lose a bet." Yeri turned and said, making him laugh, "oh, I'm too happy." He said with a chuckle and exited from the door.

What the heck are they even talking about?

"Leave that little boy alone, yeri." Taehyung mumbled and continued to write in the file.

"Oh shut up. He is not little and he is the one who made that bet." Yeri immediately said back. Jimin sighed and shook his head before mumbling, "I'm done with not knowing anything about what's happening around me. Unfair to me." As his lips pout.

"So sad." Taehyung said and laughed. He stole a small glance of you. Feeling a little guilty and cowardly for not holding your hand in front of his friends even when he wants to.