Part Twenty-four

[A few months later]

"You know, from today summer vacation started. Do you know what that means?" He place the flowers on the table and look at you,

He smiles,

"It means you're going to see me more often and I decided to be with you more often." Hey says. He doesn't wait for a response from you, cause he knows you will not say anything any time soon.

"I told your parents to go home. They looked tired, so it means we're alone in a room. Do you know what that means?" He asks you again and replaces the dried flower with a fresh one.

He came towards you, who was lying on the bed with machines attached to your body with close eyes.

The machines beeped, which was the only thing telling you that you were breathing.

"We can talk without a fear of being interrupted. It's been a while we've talked, right?" He says and sits on the stool beside you.

He tucked a hair strand behind your ear and a smile lingered on his lips, which was filled with mixed emotions.

"Nari's parents bumped into me today. They didn't say anything but I saw their eyes were filled with anger and hatred towards me. I wonder if they blame me for Nari's death."

He holds your hand carefully so as not to hurt you and strokes your skin.

"I mean....they need someone to blame for Nari's death and it's understandable. She was their only child." He tells you,

He keeps stroking your skin with his thumb and squeezing softly. He could feel your emotions.

Ever since, you gave him the pendant. He can feel you, your emotions. He can read you, your thoughts.....and right now, he feels your emotions drown in darkness.

Alone, sad, drowned.

He was glad when he found out that he could read your thoughts and feel your emotion and a blessing, how not to forget any memory with you yet now?

It felt like a curse. He feels your emotion in his stomach and He couldn't bear it anymore.

"I sometimes feels, you're in this place..because of me. Why would you do that?" His tears rolled down from his cheeks.

"Please wake up. Don't you think you've rested for way too long."