Part Fourteen

And here you were standing in front of your parents grave. How did this happen?

How did you end up losing them?

"Have a talk with them. I'll leave you alone with them now." Jungkook placed his hand on your back and stroked in a comforting way and left.

"Mom...dad...this is..a nightmare right? Right.." the words came out as whispers. Your feets gave up on standing. You plopped yourself on the ground.

"Wake me up from this please!" This can't be.

"Please no! This is not true! I can't lose you. I can't...you were only my-" your voice stuck in the knot in your throat. Your tears flowed down, your chest was aching and you broke down until you couldn't feel anything. Until you found yourself hugging yourself.

"Are you here to meet your parents, sweetheart?" You heard a voice. You turned around and saw Mrs. Kim. She placed the bouquet of flowers and pulled a hand for you to hold.

You wipe your tears away and hold her to stand up. "Why..are you?-" she smiled and speak, "I came to meet your parents and it's been a while since I didn't visited Taehyung. So yeah, I'm here to meet both." You blink. Taehyung.

"It's been a while we haven't had a meal together. Let's go?" She said and smiled warmly. You remember she didn't change, she looks the same as she used to look 6 years ago.

"Jungkook is with Yeri so don't worry about him." She said and opened the door of her house. The house you didn't think you would step in.

She gave you the glass of water before disappearing into the kitchen. You sniffed a little and looked around.

Photo frames placed around the table and some hanging on walls.

Your trails of thought broke when mrs. Kim calls you as she makes you sit on the chair and places the plate in front of you.

"You can eat." She said and you placed the food in your mouth. It was as delicious as it was 6 years before you remember. She smiled as you looked at her and gave a small smile.

"Thank you for the meal." You said as she offered a smile and took away the plates.

"You have grown up very well in all these years. After the accident your parents met with I was so worried for you. Your parents must be proud of you for growing up well." She says and comes in your view while wiping your wet cheeks.

And that's when the memories hit your mind like a storm. The day you went out with Taehyung to attend the art gallery. When you came back home, the darkness welcomed you and a continuous ring of phone ringing in the whole house. Getting to know your parents are in the hospital. And losing them the next day.

How did this happen? And you could find yourself to blame. If you didn't go out that day and waited for them to come back, this wouldn't have happened. They wouldn't have gone out looking for you and heck, they wouldn't have met with an accident. This is all your fault. You tried to think about yourself and you missed the sign of losing.

"Let's eat?" Mrs. Kim interrupted, which made you snap back to reality. You nod your head.

She keeps talking about things and doesn't let you think about anything but her words and stories. She laughs and her laughs make you smile. When she stood up to put back plates in the sink your eyes wandered around the room.

The pictures, the memories. They look so happy. Where did it all go wrong?

"Mrs. Kim?" You called her, "yeah?" She answered and smiled.

"Can I see Taehyung's room?" You asked.

And she nods her head with a sorrowful smile on her face.

"You can look around..I'll be downstairs." She said and left you alone. You step inside and it gives you deja vu. His room was clean and didn't seem like it hadn't been used for years. The things were placed as it was left that left few shadows.