Part Nineteen

Taehyung texted you an hour back to meet him at the rooftop. You still aren't here and he feels like his heart will burst out, waiting for you to show up.

But what if you don't? What if you somehow figured out what he was going to say to you today?

He begins to walk back and forth, nervousness settling in his stomach.

After all, he's going to confess his feelings to his crush today.

You.

It's your 18th birthday and he wants to make it special. He has prepared a small red-velvet cake which you always enjoy the most.

The door opens and he turns around with a smile on his face. But as soon as he saw the person in front of him, his smile dropped. He's confused.

What is Nari doing here?

"I like you, Taehyung. No, you know what–" A deep exhale,"I love you." She says,

He felt disappointed when he realized it's not who he expected to hear this from.

"Nari..what are you doing here?" He asks, confused.

"I'm here to tell you..that I love you..be mine please." She says and steps forward. Taehyung steps back, instinctively.

"I have loved you for a long time now...I can't imagine not seeing you for a day...I can't live without you..please..tell me you feel the same." She pleads, "You do, don't you?"

"N-nari.." Taehyung breathed out, alarmed at the situation. " How did you know I was here?" His voice cracks, feeling sick to his stomach.

"I knew I would find you here." Nari whispered, eyes sparkling in a manner that makes Taehyung almost gut himself out.

Now it clicks to him, how he always found something that was up with Nari. He used to feel her stare from afar, always feeling her bias towards him, and that extra nice behaviour that no one else was given than him. It used to make him feel uneasy, so he tended to ignore it.

Feeling the discomfort around one of his friends had thrown him in a spiral of second thoughts and guilt but never did he have the heart to tell her how uncomfortable she made him. Now, he rethinks and wonders if he should have distanced himself away from her first because he can hardly recognize her as a friend he knew.

"The moment I have laid my eyes on you..you've never left my mind. I'm so in love with you that sometimes I feel like I can do anything to have you be mine."

The tone of her voice was laced with obsession and desperation.

"Nari.." he took a deep breath. He has done this before, rejected many girls before, but for some odd reason he finds his vocabulary short to voice out anything that could hurt Nari's feelings.

"I respect your feelings..but-" Taehyung looks down to his feet, pausing to let it sink in slowly. "I don't feel the same about you."

For a moment, he didn't get any response. And when he looked up to her, he could see Nari wasn't ready to back down.

"Tell me Taehyung, what could Y/n possibly give you which I can't?" She emphasized by thumping her chest lightly. "I want to hear it from you. I'll do everything you want me to do. Just be with me."

A tear slipped down her cheek.

But that didn't phase Taehyung. What did was—Nari knowing about you.

"How did she know?" He wondered.

"What- how did you–"

"You don't take me as dumb. Do you?" She says and steps forward closer to him.