Chapter 14: Strobe lights and Lavander Perfume

As they walked into the club, the strobing lights immediately made her head hurt. The music was too loud, and the place was dark and crowded. If Vonte wasn't directly in front of her, she would've lost him. The club that they had gone to was called Vixen, one of the few LGBT clubs in the city. She hadn't wanted to go, but after the events of earlier, she knew that she had to get out of the house.

"I'm going to go and open a tab for us!" Vonte shouted over the music. She nodded and watched as he walked away, disappearing into the crowd. She unzipped the bomber jacket that she wore, as it was getting hot. She stayed in the relative area so that Vonte could find her. She looked around, seeing girls dancing with girls. Guys with guys. Yep, LGBT club.

"Here," Vonte said as he cut through the crowd with two shot glasses.

"What is this?" She asked.

"Vodka, drink it," He told her. "You're going to forget all of your problems tonight."

She inspected the glass before sighing. That's what she came here to do, right?

She downed the shot at the same time as Vonte, cringing at the taste. The liquid burned her throat as it went down.

"Bleh," Vonte sounded as he finished his shot. "We need more. I'll be right back."

Vonte brought them back another round of shots and then they began to dance.

"Stop being so stiff," Vonte had told her. "Come on Ro, have fun. Find someone to talk to!" After a little while, Rowan could feel the alcohol in her system and she did begin to loosen up and enjoy herself. She hadn't thought about Esme or Georgia once, and she just thought of them...

A man with close-cut hair slid into their space and began dancing with Vonte. Vonte winked at her, and she smiled, giving them a bit of room. As she moved away from them, she danced to the rhythm of the music. She looked around at the women in the crowd, and yeah a few of them were cute, and a lot of them had their eyes on her, but she couldn't bring herself to start a conversation or dance with any of them. Maybe she wasn't drunk enough.

She made her way to the bar at the back of the space and ordered a Mijoto, sipping on it as she looked at the people around her. She then felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see a woman behind her, looking up at her with a pretty smile.

"Hey!" the woman greeted loudly to combat the music. "I'm Kimari, what's your name?"

"Rowan!" She responded.

"Well Rowan, would you like to dance with me?" Kimari asked. Rowan looked at her. She had long, black lashes and gorgeous honey-blonde braids. Brown eyes looked at her expectantly.

"Sure," Rowan said, downing the rest of her drink before leaving it on the bar, following Kimari into the crowd of people. They found a space for themselves in the mass of bodies and Kimari turned towards her and began to dance. Rowan did so as well, matching Kimari's energy and movement. The woman turned around and began shaking her ass, which Rowan caught with ease. She then straightened out and moved her back against Rowan's front, grabbing Rowan's hand and placing it on her hips. Kimari's breathing staggered and Rowan could tell that she was getting turned on, which she couldn't deny was happening to her too, so when Kimari turned back around and kissed her, she didn't protest. Her lips were smooth like velvet due to the lip gloss that she wore, and she tasted like alcohol and strawberries.

After a few moments, Kimari pulled away. "Take me to the bathroom."

Rowan nodded and led her to the women's bathroom on the other side of the club. When they entered, a group of girls stood by the mirror, reapplying make-up. Another group was comforting another girl who seemed to be way too drunk. No one paid attention to them as they went and took the available big stall in the back of the room. As they closed the door, Rowan was surprised when she was pressed against it.

Kimari connected their lips together again before she spoke. "I saw you when you walked in and just knew that I had to have you," she told her, biting her lip as she slipped off the jacket she wore. She then kissed Rowan again, sucking her lip whilst doing so. Well, shit. Rowan took control then, picking Kimari up and pressing her against the brick wall of the bathroom. She kissed down the woman's jaw to her neck where she sucked and kissed, but she froze when suddenly Georgia's scent engulfed her senses.

"What is it?" Kimari asked huskily. Rowan blinked at her and then shook her head. She must've been imagining things.

"Nothing," Rowan answered, leaning back in and kissing her. The kiss got heated once again and Rowan bit her lip gently, eliciting a moan from the woman's mouth. Then the smell hit her again. She set Kimari down. "I'm sorry," Rowan said. "But do you happen to smell lavender?"

"Yeah, it's my perfume," Kimari told her, confusion on her features. Of course. Of course, the woman that she tries to hook up with happens to wear the same scent as Georgia.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," Rowan told her, opening the stall door and walking out of the bathroom. She flinched at how loud the music was once she entered the room again. She walked into the crowd, searching for Vonte. It seemed like even more people had entered the club since she had gone into the bathroom. She had found the guy that he'd been dancing with earlier, but he was now dancing with some woman. She continued her search and after around five minutes, she found him sitting at the bar with a new man.
"Von," She said, getting his attention.

"Rowan!" he responded with a smile, but it fell once he saw her face. "Aw babe, what's wrong?"

"Can we go?" She asked him.

"Yeah, let me close the tab,"

Vonte called the bartender over and paid for their drinks. He said goodbye to the guy that he was talking to and led her through the crowd and out of the door. The cold wind pierced through her jacket and left her shivering. They rushed to Vonte's car and got in and he immediately began blasting the heat. He turned to her. "What happened?"

Rowan clenched her jaw, attempting to gather her thoughts.

"D-did someone hurt you?"

"What? No, Von, it was nothing like that," Rowan told him, furrowing her brows. "I was hooking up with someone, but then I smelled her perfume."

Vonte quirked a brow. "Okay?"

"She smelled just like Georgia,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah," Rowan said with a shake of her head. "I couldn't keep doing that with her. Not while she smelled like that."

"So this crush you have...it's serious, huh?"

Rowan sighed and nodded, admitting that to both him and herself. She liked Georgia. For real.

"Rowan, this is bad," Vonte told her. "Georgia—she's married. And straight. You know how you get when you like people, and with those two factors in the mix, this isn't going to end without you getting hurt."

Rowan turned and pressed her forehead against the cool glass of the window. Considering the fact that she's gotten so worked up over the fight that they just had, she knew that he was right. She sighed.

"I know,"