Chapter 8: I like it, Picasso

It was around a week later and Rowan was busy throwing clothes into a suitcase. No, she wasn't going on vacation, Georgia was. She had been asked to watch the boys for the next four days, and she needed more than a singular change of clothes. She'd already called Anita and told her that she'd be using two of her vacation days, so everything was in order for her to watch the kids without having to leave for work. She grabbed all the other items that she'd need; toiletries, a couple of accessories-which didn't include the chain that Georgia had bought her. She'd decided that that one was only for special occasions. Lastly, she grabbed her phone charger. She zipped the suitcase closed and propped it up on the floor. She pulled on one of her hoodies and a pair of shoes before walking out of her bedroom, pulling the suitcase along with her.

She said goodbye to her Dad, who knew where she was going, before walking downstairs and to the nearest bus stop. She shivered as she waited for the bus, regretting not bringing her coat with her. The chilly air of February shook her to her bones, but luckily, the bus pulled up in only a couple of minutes. Once she settled on the bus, she shot Georgia a text stating that she was on her way. Georgia texted back, telling her that the gate and the front door would be open so that she could just walk in once she arrived.

She made it to Georgia's house in about 40 minutes, and when she opened the door she was met with a song being blasted from the living room. She walked around suitcases that were standing by the door, pulling her own along behind her as she walked towards where all of the noise was coming from.

She smiled as she looked at the scene before her. The living room was transformed into a dance area, the couches and coffee table moved so that the only thing in the space was the area rug. Georgia, Oliver, and Christian were playing Just Dance on a Wii—a console that she hadn't seen in years. Ollie was going all out, moving his body energetically while his brother struggled to stay on beat. Georgia hit every move, her score going up rapidly as she made no mistakes. She looked entirely too cute, dancing in between her two uncoordinated sons, smiling as she did so. One of the moves had the three of them turn her way, Ollie's eyes widening when he saw her.

"Ms. Rowan!" He exclaimed, running and jumping into her arms. Rowan was shocked at the enthusiasm, but nevertheless hoisted Ollie up in her arms, poking his nose.

"Hey, kiddo," she greeted.

"Were you watching us this entire time?" Georgia asked sheepishly as she and Christian walked over to them, their game forgotten.

"Yeah," Rowan told her. "It was adorable."

Georgia blushed, looking down at the floor with a smile.

"Is the sitter here yet? She's taking her sweet fucking time and we have a damn plane to catch!"

Rowan looked over as Adam made his way downstairs, the two of them making eye contact as he realized that she was, in fact, here.

"Oh," He said as he made it downstairs. "I suppose we can get going then."

"Adam, we haven't even shown her her room yet," Georgia told him. "Calm yourself and sit down here with the boys while I show her the room. We don't have to leave just yet, the plane doesn't take off for another four and a half hours."

Adam grumbled, reaching for Ollie who was still in Rowan's arms, but the kid shook his head. "I wanna show Ms. Rowan her room too!" He exclaimed, hopping out of Rowan's arms and avoiding his father at the same time. He grabbed her arm, tugging it towards the stairs. "Come on!"

Rowan chuckled, letting the boy lead her upstairs, enjoying the glare Adam sent her way. Georgia followed close behind them, unlocking the apparent guest room with a key once they made it upstairs.