Chapter 37: Serenity

Rowan felt herself slowly waking up, the light of the morning becoming impossible to keep ignoring despite her closed eyes.

She opened her eyes and then shut them again rather quickly, blinking the sun's rays out of them as the world was too bright. She buried her face into the cloud of brown hair before her, pulling Georgia's sleeping figure closer to her as she did so.

The sound of morning birds was heard outside, but other than that the house was silent aside from the other woman's soft breathing. Rowan breathed in the scent of Georgia's shampoo and relished in the softness of the sheets and comforter, as well as the constant amount of heat Georgia's body was giving off. It was the most comfortable she had felt in years and she made sure to use most of her senses to enjoy the moment of tranquility.

"Ro?"

Rowan froze as Georgia turned around to face her, the woman's eyes slowly blinking open.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Rowan asked, feeling bad.

"Yeah, but it's fine," Georgia replied, her voice still thick with sleep. She smiled at Rowan. "Good morning."

"Morning," Rowan said, smiling back. "How'd you sleep?"

"Amazingly. Someone wore me out,"

Rowan blushed.

"Right," She responded. "Last night was..."

She looked into Georgia's eyes which grew attentive.

"...the best sex I've ever had if I'm being honest."

Georgia flushed, her cheeks turning a lovely pink before she responded. "Really?"

"Yeah," Rowan hummed, pulling the hand that was still wrapped around Georgia's waist upward to brush her hair out of her face. "No one's ever been so...eager to return the favor. And you did such a good job when you did it—I wouldn't have thought that it was your first time if I hadn't known you."

Georgia's blush deepened as she smiled. "I'm glad you liked it," she told her. "I liked it too—if you couldn't tell."

Rowan felt her smile widen at the reassurance.

"You were so tender with me," Georgia continued, reaching out and brushing Rowan's jaw with her thumb. "He never—He wouldn't ask if I liked it. It was always so rough. You were so soft with me..."

"You deserved it," Rowan told her, placing her hand over the one that was tracing her jaw. Georgia deserved to be taken care of properly. To be thoroughly fucked and treated like the beautiful woman she was. "I'll always be that way with you," she continued. A thought flashed across her mind. "Unless you ask me not to."

Georgia seemed confused for a moment before her eyes widened and she gulped. "We'll come back to that another day."

Rowan smirked.

"Do you want to go out to breakfast?" Rowan asked, changing the subject.

Georgia froze her hand and sighed. "I was wondering if we can stay in bed a bit longer? He never stayed with me after we—I'd really like it if we–"

Rowan shushed her and pulled Georgia in closer to her body, wrapping her arms around the older woman. She wanted to silence all thoughts about Adam. She would make up for all of the things he did wrong throughout their relationship. Show Georgia what it feels like to be properly loved.

"Whatever you want, baby," Rowan whispered as Georgia nuzzled into the crook of her neck.

———

"Thank you," Georgia said as she grabbed their food from the drive-thru worker. She passed the food to Rowan and she held them in her lap as Georgia pulled out of the line and parked in a free space in the parking lot.