Chapter 40: Yellow

It was the next day and Rowan grunted as she set the wardrobe down in the living room. It landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"You alright, Ro?" Georgia asked from upstairs.

"Yep! Just fine!" Rowan responded with her hands on her hips as she tried catching her breath. They'd been moving all of the furniture out of Georgia's old room, as all of her art supplies were arriving today. Rowan offered to do all of the heavy lifting and managed to get most of the things down into the living room while Georgia prepped the now-empty room for painting. The wardrobe was the last of the furniture that was up there so hopefully she'd get a small break before having to do anything else.

"Good! Because I just got an email that my stuff is outside!"

Rowan groaned.

"Would you like some help?" Georgia shouted. "The boys can help you with the boxes. There shouldn't be too many heavy ones."

"Yeah, we can help!" Ollie exclaimed from the couch where he and Christian had been occupied with watching some superhero film.

Rowan huffed before nodding. "Yeah, I think I'm going to need a bit of help with this."

"Alright," Christian said, pausing the movie. "Come on Ollie. Let's put our shoes on."

"Okay!" Ollie replied. "We're gonna be the best helpers ever for you, Rowan!"

Rowan ruffled his hair as they walked towards where their shoes sat by the door.

Rowan slid her own shoes on and opened the door for the boys, letting them walk outside before she followed. They walked down the driveway to the gate where a man stood, waiting for them. Tons of boxes sat next to him, and a large truck was parked behind him.

"Are you Georgia Crawford?" The man asked her as she approached the gate and opened it.

"No that's my girlfriend, she's inside," Rowan told him.

The man looked down at the paper in his hand before grunting. "Okay, even if you aren't her, I need someone to sign this." He showed her a receipt that listed a bunch of items that sounded like the things that Georgia had told her she ordered.

"Oh, okay, no problem," Rowan said, taking the receipt from him and signing it with the pen he offered her.

"Will you need help carrying all of this inside?" He asked after she handed him his pen back.

"No thank you, Mr. Delivery Man, we've got this!" Ollie exclaimed, puffing up his chest. "Me, my brother, and Rowan are super strong! We'll get these boxes inside super easy!"

The guy chuckled. "Alright then little man," he said as he walked back towards his truck. "Hope you folks have a nice day."

Rowan and Christian waved as Ollie immediately walked over to one of the bigger boxes and attempted to lift it. He grunted as he tried, lifting it up only a little bit before he dropped it.

"I'll get this one, Ollie," Rowan told him with a chuckle, lifting the box into one of her arms fairly easily. She grabbed two more big ones, stacking them on top of the first one as Ollie walked over and grabbed a smaller box, looking satisfied with himself when he was able to pick it up off of the ground quite easily.

Christian grabbed the other three boxes which were also rather small and followed them back into the house. They set the boxes down in the already-cluttered living room and huffed from the small workout.

"Okay, you two can keep watching your movie down here while I go and help your mom upstairs," Rowan told them. The boys nodded and turned back on their movie.