Yet, The Confrontation

Cate Blanchett POV:

Sensitive Matters discussed. Read at your own risk.
Continuation...

"You love me? I thought you have no words as to what you feel towards me? Surely this is going to be a feeling that will pass, Chris. I'm not the one for you and you are not the one---"

I was about to tell her about the possibilities that this realtionship won't work but then this time, she was more firm and unstoppable. She was looking at me with such each but there was this tension.

Chris took my hand and brought me to the bathroom. Before coming in, the stewardess told us that we are not allowed to go in with two people but then there was another stewardess who just allowed us. She somehow read the room.

As soon as we reached the room, she took off her shirt and then exposed her skin. She said nothing but the marks and the scars told me a lot. There were deep cuts, healing ones, and some of them are the bruises are starting to turn brown.

I slowly came closer to her and glided my fingers over her skin and then at some points, she still hissed in pain. How can a man could be this cruel? I could never put herself into this situation. "He did it," she said.

"Who did?"

"He wanted me to like men this time. He forced me and then after all that, he asked me if I would leave you alone and forget about everything. I said no and of course told him that I love you and there is nothing that I can do about it--- and then he did this to me. Andrew did."

And then he said his name.

I looked back into her eyes and I knew that she was not lying. In the next few seconds, a tear rolled down her cheek. I wanted to kiss her but I think she needed more of my embrace.

My arms were open and then she gave into the hug. Chris nestled her face in the crook of my neck and started crying. You can hear how she wants justice but can't. Her hands slowly turned into a fist behind my back, built from anger and pain. Just because she loves me.

"Please believe me, Cate. I love you..." She said weakly.

I held her tighter. "I do. I love you, too. I love you most."
___________________________________________________________

We have arrived at Sussex and it was nice to be back in my hometown. But one thing that I am afraid of is me seeing him around the corner. I had to text Hylda as to where he is but then all she said is that he is here. Most likely to be with the kids because he's fighting for the custody.

On our way there, in the cab, she was laying her head on my shoulder while she sleeps. She sleeps comfortably whilst one of her hands is intertwined with mine. I brought it up to my lips and kisse the back of it.

A few minutes later, we have reached the house and I saw his car parked outside. "Baby, we are here," I told her and then she slowly wakes up her sleepy eyes.

Before saying anything else, she managed to see his car and that alarmed her. It made her not want to say anything.

"You can stay here if you want to. I'll just pay the meter, " I told her. "I will just have a conversation with the kids and if things are not doing well, then I'll leave them be first then I'll come back here when Andrew is not here--"

"I'll join you." She cuts me off.

She was about to head out when I held her hand and looked her in the eyes. "Are you really sure about this? "

"Someone has to know that I'm still alive and besides, your kids needs someone to watch over them while you guys talk so it'll be fine, " she replied.

We both went out and then the little Edith saw us. I paid first the driver while Chris was taking out all out luggage. Then, Edith ran to me and gave me a big hug. I really missed her and all the other ones as well.

Dad is inside and I'm scared, were the words that left her mouth. Chris gave me my bag and then when Edith saw her, she immediately took her hand and then walked with us to the front door.

We opened the door and there was Andrew in the living room with a glass of gin and tonic, while the boys where in the kitchen waiting for me.

"Aunt Chris!" The boys screamed and with Dashiell, well...

Dashiell came up to us and helped us with the luggage and fair enough, he greeted Chris with a sly smile on his face. He was mad at me when he thought that I chose Chris over the kids which is not true.

"How about we play? Let's go?" Chris talks to the kids and then the kids rejoiced.

Everyone was now gone and then I went ahead and go to Andrew. The papers were still there, still intact. I thought that he has turned them down after the marriage not going to happen because of the alleged Chris Stevens.

I took the glass from her hand and wished that I wasn't dealing this shit with a drunk man. "I have to process the kids request but if majority wins, the kids have to stay with me--"

"Love me, Cate. Please come back. I'm sorry. Can we be okay now and have this whole family back? The kids want---"

"The kids want you gone, Andrew," I went straight to the point. "I have never ever heard Edith say that she is afraid of her own father. How do you think that is? I am happy with what I have right now, and you are not a part of it."

Andrew stood up filled with rage.

"Chris doesn't love you! I do! You deserve better--"

"Sure... Threatening her? Then you even have the fucking guts to molest her behind my back because you want me so bad? It's me versus the whole family and Chris. Don't fucking forget Andrew that you are nothing without me. You have cheated for so many times but I ignored it. NOW, YOU INVOLVED MY BEST FRIEND AND THE ONLY GIRL I LOVE. That's it. "

He was left speechless. "She hurt me. Look--"

"I don't believe you, Andrew. You better leave before I call the police. It's just going to take seconds cause it's just right there around the corner," I threatened him.

He took his things, car keys, but managed to leave the papers on the table for me to sign. He went straight to the door and before he left, he spoke. "This is not over, yet. "