Needing of Help

Chris Stevens Blanchett POV:

She didn't want any normal breakfast.

Edith wanted something from McDonalds and I asked her as to why it had to be who'd join her in going there. She explained that 'mommy doesn't really want me to eat much fast food because it is not good for you.'

Sure, Cate is no good when it comes to food.

I bought her some fried chicken and also some fries and a burger. I wasn't expecting that of a big appetite from a young lady but who cares. I did change the order into HappyMeal and she seems happy with the toy she got.

"You are so better than mommy," she said as she was taking the burger out of the wrapper. "You're a good mom."

Her phrase silenced me. I looked at her before stepping on the gas and there was some ketchup and mayonnaise on the corner of her lip and so I went ahead and wiped it off. The young child giggled.

"How about you finish that burger, sweetie?" I said driving. "Your mom surely does not like burgers for breakfast."

The young one gave me a small nod. While I was driving back home, I was wondering and thinking as to when are we going to tell the kids our secret. There is a part of me that wants to keep it as a secret and still see me as their cool and approachable auntie--- but there is also still a part of me that wants them to know because I don't want them to assume anything between us.

But you know what's been bothering me? Motherhood. They really are not my children but taking the responsibility on taking care of them is surely a big one. Don't get me wrong, they are one good family but I'm just scared.

As we reached home and pulled the hand break, Edith neatly folded the burger wrapper and gave it to me. "Can you throw this, Auntie? Please."

"Of course," I smiled.

The young one was greeted by her eldest brother, Dashiell, by the door. I went ahead and kept the wrapper inside the shorts pocket and then went out. He doesn't seem to be okay with Edith bringing in chicken in the morning.

Walking passed by him, I said good morning and all he said was, "She's not allowed chicken and fries early in the morning---"

"If this is just because you are just jealous that you don't have any, I'll buy you later for you to be happy, " I said placing the car keys on the table near the door.

"I heard some noises last night and is there an explanation of you wearing my mother's clothes? Surely you brought clothes in that huge luggage of yours---"

"You have a problem Dash?" I replied.

The other kids seemed to hear our conversation. I can search Roman peeking and so I looked at him, signalling him to move into a different room, bringing Edith and Iggy.

I am well aware that he is very upset with all the custody but it was all taken care of. I don't really see the need for him to get mad at me anymore because I haven't done anything wrong. The last time I checked, he seemed fine by me when I came to their apartment in New York when I was sobbing over Jennifer.

The young man didn't answer. He just turned back.

I followed him, wanting for an answer. "You answer me!"

And then he came to a stop.

The blue eyes of the young man seems to fill with rage. He slowly came closer to me and then said, "Yes. Yes I have a problem and it is you, Chris!" He uttered. "I thought you were just a friend to my mom, but no. I don't know what you both guys have but surely, I'm not happy with it. How cruel of you to be dealing this relationship in the middle of our crisis with our family! "

"I'm just helping," I felt guilt in my throat. "You should be happy because I'm lifting up and helping with your responsibilities now that your father is gone--"

"You're not helping," he said numbly. "Go find a different family to help because we are fine. "