The Sound I Missed

Cate Blanchett POV:

I have learned to forget about her--- I tried my hardest and even had to think about having this closure with Andrew as something my family wants. I do not want them to grow up with a broken family. It has been days since I have not seen her and I think I am fine without her anymore.

Life is a play. Life is a movie. It is you who is watching and is going to believe if it is accurate to not. I was not expecting that my life of being an actor would lead me to this. Pretending that everything is a lie is surely worth winning.

Andrew comes out of the bathroom with a white towel draping over his shoulders. Today is the day that I will be presenting myself to the whole city after the film I created by Warwick Thornton, where I play a nun--- very far from my beliefs, surely. 

"I may not join you today," he speaks. 

"Why so?" I replied, turning my back on him. "You will be leaving me in the premiere all alone, yet again. I thought you are trying to do something for us.  What is the reason this time, Andrew?"

"I shall explain later and you are not alone," Andrew replies whilst adjusting his suit. "You got Mary and Elizabeth to assist you--"

And in the middle of the conversation, Mary raised a suggestion. "How about Chris?"

It stumped the man for sure, and caught my attention. It has been days that I have not heard her name and even though that suggestion will be raised, surely Chris will reject that offer. She has removed me from her mind and so did I. 

The silence in the room was surely deafening. Andrew bid his goodbyes without any explanations and then left a peck on my cheek. I watched him leave the room and when he was, I turned around and faced the mirror as Mary finishes my look.

Whilst I was looking at Mary doing my make-up, I can see that she was sharing glances with Elizabeth who was steaming my clothes. There was surely something between them and I think there is a need for me to know. "What is it? Should I hear something from the both of you?"

Elizabeth put down the steamer and walked towards me. "It is about Chris--"

"Oh, for fuck's sake-- Can we talk about something else-- what is that?"

Elizabeth was trying to get my attention but then with a simple offer of Mary's phone, it stunned me. An opened article was on her phone and it was all about Chris. Even though I should not showing much interest in her, the headlines hooked me. 

"Well, that is some way to get her attention," Mary said.

Chris Stevens: The Rising Celebrity Because of Miss Aussie

Surely we have been ever so conservative with the life of the Australian actress, Cate Blanchett, but there is something that we should be seeing. The ever so close friend that she has brought everywhere ever since the divorce happened. Chris Stevens, 30- a year-old artist, is paving her way into Hollywood.

Rumors of them dating are spreading but the verification of lifting the divorce denies it--- but you never know what is happening behind the camera. Anyways, Stevens has surely made a statement to the public with a couple of photographs taken by paparazzi being "very close" with the Academy Winner and one thing caught recently weeks back as Blanchett and Stevens have a vacation in the Maldives--- them sharing a bedroom.

Lately, behind her friend's back, Stevens stated in a forced interview in preparation for the Cannes Film Festival,

"My relationship with Miss Blanchett will remain as friends. I am afraid that I care for her too much and because of the absurdity of the media, I will be leaving in the next few days after accomplishing a task... And of course, there is no chance for me to win her heart because she loves her husband too much. She talks about him every time so why force myself into loving someone who does not have much interest in me?"

"Not to help you overthink, Catie," Mary places her hand on my shoulder. "Are you sure that you are the only one who is falling in love or shall we say--"

"Your friend is feeling differently towards you?" Elizabeth continues. "Maybe she is seeing you more than a friend but has no words to explain what she feels?"

I was doing great all along... And here goes again.

__________________________________________________________

Everything was all prepared and I should clear my mind right now. I was waiting for the said person that should be accompanying me. Andrew said that everything is settled so I will be assuming that it would be one of our kids or some close relative.

Mary came into the room and then she started to pick up her bag and Elizabeth as well. That signaled me to get up and walk out of the door. They went out first and then I followed. Right before the flight of stairs, there was a person in a suit that was waiting. I think it's--

"Chris?"

"I was forced to be in this position so don't think--" she was talking until she saw a glimpse of me. The words she said in the interview kept on replaying in my head while she was stunned. Chris was brought back to reality in the next few seconds. "Sorry. You look rather... ravishing. So, do you know the reason why he could not? Andrew?"

Chris offers her hand out and guided me down the stairs. "Of course, not."

And there goes I heard her chuckle--- the very first chuckle that I have heard in days. Chris was not afraid to talk this time. "A celebrity not knowing the reason, that is a first," she replied. "Andrew was clearing his name and now going to all the media and press who made the articles. Paying an awful number of money to make him look okay."

She opened the door of the limousine for me and I went in. Then she closed it. I was expecting her to sit next to me, but she did not. She sat next to the driver in front. I moved closer to the window and before the driver closes it, I got some words out of my mouth.

"Chris?" I called her.

"Mhmm?" She hummed without looking at me.

"Uhm, it's nice to hear your voice again."

A silence was wrapped between us and then, "Have you read the articles made about you? Andrew has been creative about you guys..."

Yes. She has forgotten about me and surely that article was fake. Everything was all a mistake.

 Everything was all a mistake