As A?

This chapter will be shorter than usual. This will be just a filler and I hope that is okay with y'all. Thanks!

Chris Stevens POV:

"OKAY!" She seems annoyed. I was asking her about what she was thinking on our way to the airport. At first, she didn't want to because she believed that it was not worth sharing, but then I got out of her lips when my hand rested on top of her thigh. "I was... Thinking..."

"Thinking about? Finish it, baby."

Yet again she was stopping. I slowly moved my hand up and down her thigh and then Cate closed her eyes and leaned her head back to the seat. She was aroused and this is the time that can make her speak.

"You... Had your hands all over me--" she stops again when she noticed that I was playing her. "Come on, Chris! This is not--"

"You still like me, huh?" I asked her.

Cate's blue eyes were fixed on mine and then a few seconds after, she closed the door of our little cubicle and then went back down to her seat, ready for her to defend her side.

While she was talking, there was this calmness that I feel when I'm around her. I have never ever felt like this when I'm with Jennifer. All she did was make me feel uneasy. The way her eyes dig through my soul and the way she makes frequent touches-- She was different.

"... Being with you is such a pleasure, Chris. I have been with you for so long but I don't know how to express my feelings into words. If you feel like there is a need for you to distance yourself from me, that would be fine but I'm afraid that I will be crazy and I would be still thinking about you--"

"What if I fall?" I asked and her eyes lit up. "What if I fall for you?"

Cate couldn't get herself together. From her full voice, she came in closer to me and started to whisper. "Fall for me? Don't play with me, Chris. I really want to have and love you. I'm sure that I can treat you better than Jennifer--"

"But you don't want anyone to see us together in public?"

And there goes Cate. I thought there was an exception when it comes to me because she has been loving me for so long and she wants to tell the world that she is happy. Cate hasn't came out to the public but then there were some articles already that suspected her for being not straight.

When she became silent, I held her hand and kissed the back of it. "It's just a what if, Cate. But for now, I'll love you, Cate. "

"As a friend?" Cate asks and you can hear the way her voice trembles in fear and pain.

I looked into her eyes and you can see the desperation, but I didn't want her to assume anything so all I said was, " I don't know, Cate. I'm sorry. "