Here It Goes

Christ Stevens POV:

You can never find someone. I'm all you got!

I have been hearing her voice for the past few minutes on the phone and I don't fucking know why I am still allowing this woman to contact me. She lied and told me that she was going to talk to me sincerely and apologize to what she did-- but dude I was wrong.

But you were the one at fault, Jennifer! Just stop this--

And you like Cate, don't you?

She was putting all the blame to Cate. She thinks that me and her have something in between. Jennifer has been gaslighting me and trying to convince me thst it was me who made this relationship end up like fucking shit. At this point, I'm not allowing myself to fall in love with her again. I'm done with being desperate.

We are over. These were the words that I told her and then I immediately ended the call. Without anything holding me back, I went ahead and then blocked her number, then deleted it. I'm done with her foolish games and there's no more second chances.

After last night, it made me realize things. Me and Cate talked about the most absurd things that me and Jennifer could never talk about. Cate made me realize that I was missing most of the world and leaving Jennifer was the best decision I could have ever done.

"But there is no way for me to solve that, Hylda," Cate was talking on the phone while I was walking back in from the balcony. I am waiting for Cate because I'm bringing her to the airport because she has some things to do in Italy.

Damn. She will be out for weeks. Surely, I'll miss her.

Cate didn't seem happy with her tone. I was silently listening to their conversation while I was in the kitchen and I have been hearing Andrew's name for a couple of times. It was more this Hylda forcing her to be with her publicity? I don't get the point.

The blonde raised her voice. "This man hurt me, and you are telling me that he is forcing you to tell me that I need to be with him for the public eye-- I'd rather die than have my time spent with that dickhead."

That was the very first time I saw her that mad. She turned around and then she noticed that I was there in the kitchen. "I'm so sorry, Chris--" she apologized.

"No worries. You did seem... You know?"

"Mad? Outraged?" She was saying all the words but I didn't know what word to look for. "Anyways, I feel ashamed for you to see that--"

"Don't be. Okay?" I told her and the assurance did light up her face a little bit better.

With that, I was waiting for her to move or give me a signal for us to leave but then she wasn't showing me any. Cate went ahead and went through her shoulder bag and as soon as she got the ticket, she tore it and threw it to the bin.

It made me realize that she's not going to head on. That was a relief to be honest. I mean-- I won't be missing her for so long no more because she will be staying here with me now.

Cate takes her phone and had her peasant fingers go over the screen. She was somehow typing and then after a few seconds, she noticed that I was there waiting for her. "You have a question, Chris?"

I wanted to ask her about being my fake girlfriend to really shut Jennifer's mouth but then after hearing her issues with the publicity, I felt like that question was not necessary anymore. "Well, nothing."

Cate sensed it. "Sure, sweetheart." She placed her phone on the counter and then she was walking towards me. As she does, I move back until I reach at the very counter, enabling me to move anywhere. She was so close to me and it was almost her pinning me against the counter.

Lips were almost close. I had to think about saying it but then it was the most necessary thing because if I don't, she would be kissing me. "Okay-- can you be my girlfriend for a week?"

"A week?" She was surprised. "Is this for Jennifer to--"

"Somehow, yes--"

Cate immediately turned her back when she noticed that it was about her. "Didn't I say Chris to never speak of her again because that woman boils my goddamn blood--"

"Hey, HEY! LISTEN!" I called her attention and stood right in front of her. "You don't know how it feels, Cate! When you placed your whole life in investing that relationship and then ends up in a dark hole." Tears rolled down my cheeks.

It hurts to remember the person I was before. The one who is happy about life and could never find anything that will surely sadden her. Now, she doesn't seem to find optimisim nor pessimism. She is looking for realism and the best thing is to show who the fucking boss is.

I was pouring my whole heart and soul in convincing her and she somehow is listening now. "I want to show her who is really making me happy and being with you will really convince her, Cate. Please."

"Why me?" She asks.

"You like me. You love me--"

"Oh stop it, Chris. You are just making up stories--"

"You do want me to talk about the time you drunk call me?" And then her eyes lit up. "I'm not the person whom you should fall in love with, Cate. You have seen how my life is just fucked up. But for now, I'm giving you a chance. I will let you experience how it is to date me and I will prove you wrong that I'm the worst person to be in a relationship."

I was there waiting for her response and in the next seconds, her blue eyes met my orbs and she responded, "Okay. "