What Happened

Cate Blanchett POV:

I woke up not seeing her next to me and that scared me.

There was this urge in me for me to scream but it was too early too. Mind you, it was 4 in the morning and I wonder why my body wants me to be up before the alarm does. Maybe it's the though of the cold bed next to me.

Looking out the terrace, she was there with empty bottles of vodka on the ground. She was lighting another cigarette which I think was from a new pack. I quickly rushed off the bed and immediately took the bottle she had in hand.

"Okay, you got to stop and tell me what happened," I told her as soon as I had the bottle off of her. As I had a glimpse of her face, there was a cut around her lip and there hand marks around her neck. "What happened?"

She didn't speak. Chris took the bottle off my hand and took a big gulp of the liquor. I had enough of her non sense and the silence was killing me. I took it once more and threw it off the terrace. "What the fuck--"

"Tell me," I said firmly and then stared into her eyes.

Chris once again went ahead and turned her back on me. I have never seen this behavior with her for a long while. She went back in the room and clamored over the cabinets of the room, looking for something and then when she got what she wanted, which was another bottle of liquor, she went ahead to the kitchen.

The woman was having struggles in opening the bottle because of her shaking hands. "Fucking open... JUST OPEN!"

I didn't want to raise my voice anymore and so I went ahead behind her and just held her hands and in a few seconds, she gave up, dropping the bottle, and started breaking down. The way she fell into my arms breaks me and her voice was clear enough that there was something that she got herself into when I was asleep. Chris held my hand tight and I told her, "Breathe with me, sweetheart."

She was following me. In a few minutes, all I heard from her was deep breathes. I was looking at her hands and then there were bruises, cuts, and more--- she got herself into a fight.

"The... Wedding..." She could not finish her words quickly.. "Is... Off."

What she told me that morning struck me. I didn't know how to respond. I do not know if I should feel happy and grateful with the news she got because she clearly is not okay with what she put herself into. There is something that I'm not seeing.

But how? What-- why is the wedding off?
__________________________________________________________________

It was around afternoon and I didn't want to wake her up. As much as I want to prepare food for her, Chris' arms are wrapped around me while she sleeps. All I did the whole time was run my fingers through her hair. One thing you should know about Chris is about her family. One sure thing that she went through was when her uncle visited her and instead of taking the time and spend the best with her, he ended up... Hurting her.

I hope nothing bad happened to her--- until I saw it.

While she was asleep, I slowly pulled up her shirt and there were more bruises and marks on her chest and stomach. I slowly pulled down her pants and it was revealing more and more--- until she flinched and I had to stop.

*Ding* My phone received a message. I looked at it and it was my talent agent and there were tons of attached articles. You better fix this, Cate. I hope what I'm reading is not true because from what I'm hearing from Andrew, it's not looking good.

I clicked on the article and from the title itself, I was filled with rage.

When Things Could Get Worse, It Is Cancelled!

Marriage is considered to be one of the greatest vows and gifts given to mankind but one woman is taking a man's love as a joke. Last night, English-playwright, Andrew Upton, made a statement that the wedding is off because of one person--- Chris Stevens.

It was said that the woman stated that, "I love your wife and I don't think you don't deserve her." Recent pictures taken of Stevens were mostly involved her drinking and smoking. Surely, the blonde actress, Cate Blanchett, picked the right woman for her. Another actress falls for the wrong person yet again paves her way to Hollywood. Poor man wasted money on the whole wedding until he finds out that her soon to be wife is having an affair.

Will we let this actress get away from this such cruel act, believe in Andrew's terrifying statements, or blame the woman who madly loves Blanchett and decides to break everything?

***

"What the fuck... " I said under my breath.

I can't believe what I just read. My remark somehow woke her and she immediately saw my reaction. "Cate? Is there something wrong?"

She took my phone and went ahead and read the article. I was there at the edge of tears but also, I was filled with anger and fear. How could she ever do this to me? She made us both be in trouble. What will my kids think about me? Everything is falling apart and her calling off the wedding is not the best things to do.

"That fucking bastard..." She said and stood up. "After what we have talked about last night, he managed to--"

"Why did you do this?" I told her and then Chris gave me a sharp look.

Chris sounded sarcastic. "You fucking believe him? You fucking believe what is said in that article?! Catherine... You would think that I would do that to you? Clearly he has the press on me because look... The pictures, the statements--- I would never do this--"

"Oh so why did you go to Andrew? You could have done--" I stood up and went up closer to her, proving my point and what happened made her even more mad.

"For fucks sake... CAN YOU LISTEN!?" She screamed. "NOT EVERYTHING YOU READ IS TRUE! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT INVOLVES ANDREW--"

"So you're telling me that what you said in that interview and of course, there is no chance for me to win her heart is a lie? You telling me that this... Us... Is a lie? "

She suddenly became quiet when I mentioned about the article. Chris was just there standing. Dumbfounded. My phone rang and then Dashiell's name appeared. I answered the phone and the words he said were,

you are out there with Aunt Chris--- just God damn Chris and you left us with dad?! What's this custody he is talk about? You chose her over us?

Shit. I'm done.