Chapter 13: The Crimson Fire God! World Spriggan!

On a dark and stormy day, Lane and Shu stand by a stadium in Lane's abandoned factory.

Shu looks at Lane, who's flare surrounds him, with determination. Lane... I can't let you turn into a monster. "World Spriggan will take on everything you've got!"

"Can you? Let's see it, then!" Lane taunts.

Lightning strikes outside. At that moment, Ranjiro leads the group of bladers into Lane's factory. "This way, bro!"

"Shu Kurenai!" Drum says.

"Lane! What's he..." Hyuga angrily says.

"Stop!" Valt interrupts Hyuga. Hyuga turns his head and looks at Valt as he speaks again. "Leave this to Shu." Valt turns his head and looks at Shu. Shu nods in response.

"Word Spriggan... You improved it to fight me?" Lane asks, smiling.

"Yeah" Shu responds.

"What an honor" Lane says, studying the bey. A double chassis, and a reversible ring. "But this is you we're talking about here. There's more to it, right?"

"What's he talking about?" Hyuga asks.

"He might be feeling something from Spriggan." Drum responds.

"Definitely worth crushing." Lane looks up at Shu. "Shu Kurenai. I've been set on defeating you. Ever since I first met you..."

Flashback

Lane walks towards the door. As the doors open, he sees Shu Kurenai standing in front of him.

"Lane, I saw your battle. Your fiery spirit is on the brink of going berserk. What do you think about joining me in the New York Bulls?"

Lane looks surprised at first from Shu's words. "Can you take on my Flare? This flame rising and bursting inside of me?" He asks, creating a fist and holding it towards his chest.

"Yeah."

"Then I'll join"

In the New York Bulls, Lane and Shu are training on the slackline. Shu does a backflip and lands on the slackline keeping his stability.

"Ever tried it before?" Shu asks.

"No" Lane responds.

"Try standing on it" Shu points to the other slack line right next to him.

Lane jumps on the slack line and lands nicely. "Like this?"

"Yeah. Now we are going to practice launching on it." Shu and Lane pull out their launchers and get ready to launch. "Let's go!"

"Go, Shoot!"

As Lane launches, he loses his balance and falls off the slackline.

"Keep your balance!"

"I know!"

Lane hops back on the slackline and continues to launch. He falls off lots and has trouble keeping his balance when launching.

"Focus on your balance more!"

"Go, Shoot!"

"Alright!"

Lane successfully launches without falling off the slack line, but the force of the launch breaks the slack line in half. Lane lands painfully on the ground. He gets up and goes on the other slackline, even more determined than ever. "Not yet!"

"Go, Shoot!"

Lane successfully launches on the slackline.