Chapter 6: Serious Flames vs. Super Sword!

Hikaru and Hyuga run up to the scoreboard by the center of the room.

"The fourth battle will be Aiga and Lane vs. Sisco and Drum," Hikaru says.

"Sisco and Drum are both really strong! They actually might win!" Hyuga smiles happily.

"They actually might not win. They are facing the unbeatable Aiga and he is paired with Lane. It would be a hard fight, even for them."

"Hey guys." Rantaro interrupts. " you know that if Aiga and Lane win, you will be the ones in trouble right?"

"Why?"

"Look at the scoreboard. If those two win here, they will both have two points. The last match is Lui and Free vs. Valt and Hyuga who all have one point. Whoever wins the last match will have two points."

"And only four people can make it to the finals, so..." Hikaru realizes and gasps.

"Both you and Drum would be eliminated with only 1 point"

"What!!!" Hikaru yells. "Dropped out!"

"Seriously!?!"

Hikaru and Hyuga turn to face the noise. "Drum!"

"That means I can't lose!"

"You just realized that?" Hikaru, Hyuga, Drum, and Rantaro turn around to see Sisco walking towards them. "That obviously means we have to win. Unlike someone who is already eliminated."

"You just never shut up, do ya Sisco"

"Alright, let's win and get to the finals! I will get super serious!" Drum tells them as his face turns red.

Hyuga smiled and said to Hikaru, "Hey Hikaru! Let's cheer for Sisco and Drum!"

"Y-Yeah" Hikaru stutters quietly. He had a look of sadness at the realization. He looks up at the scoreboard and sees his space with 1 point. This is my last chance, huh. If they lose then I will be eliminated...

*****

Aiga is sitting in a waiting room having a conversation on his phone.

"I never thought that I would be teaming up with Lane of all people."

On the other end of the line Ranjiro grabs a towel on the back of his chair and sits down.

"It doesn't matter who your partner is. Just focus on winning"

"But!" Aiga pauses and thinks about the time Ranjiro showed him the broken pieces of Ragnaruk that were caused by Lane. "Cap'n..."

"Like I told you Aiga, focus on your own battles! Win here, and then crush him to pieces in the finals."He then puts his hand out for a fist bump.

Aiga fist bumps him back. "Yeah! I am going to crush him!"

"You got this Aiga" A second later the screen goes black as Ranjiro ends the call.

"Alright, I have to focus!"

Suddenly, the door to the training room opens. Footsteps can be heard as Aiga looks with a look of hatred. "Lane"

Lane comes up to Aiga and talks with him. "If we are partnered together, then we will win. And after that you are next, Aiga."

"I don't care what you think Lane, I always give my all in every battle."

As they look at each other, their auras of resonance fire up at each other. Aiga gives a look at Lane and he responds with a sinister smile.

In another area of the arena, Hyuga and Hikaru are walking together in the hallways.