Chapter 60: Gay panic

Featuring "Fromia Milleporella" (latin name), the red starfish :)

*****************************

When George woke up, he couldn't recall where he was. The water smelled different than at home... sweeter, with a hint of... clownfish?

Slowly, he examined his surroundings. Seaweed walls, through which a little bit of sunlight was shining... and a comfortable feeling, almost as if he was back home. No, better than home. Like this was where he belonged.
Well, if this is where my destiny lies it's way too small for my taste.

George looked down and saw a pair of strong arms wrapped around his stomach, probably the reason for his feelings of comfort and warmth.

Wait a minute... arms?! George shot up and realized the muscular arms belonged to a very familitar siren. George's face immediatly lit up in a red he had only seen on a specific kind of starfish that brightly before.

Said siren opened his eyes and looked up to him amusedly. "Come on, I'm not that horrible."

"You're awake?!", George screeched. "Well, I wasn't", he yawned and stretched his arms and tail, "but it's kinda hard to stay asleep when the person you're holding is as fast and slimy as you are."

"H-hey!", George hissed, embaressed. "What?", Dream answered and got up, "it's true." George mumbled something inaudible.

He's right though. While his scales feel like cold metal, mine are sticky, they're covered by some sort of slime coat. Another reminder we'll never be the same...

"You're probably wondering where we are", Dream said and shot George back to reality. He opened the seaweed entrance to reveal a sea of different colours and shapes. "Welcome to Coral View! You fell asleep yesterday so I carried you here."

"All the way?!" "Yes." George was terrified. He had caused his friend so much trouble. Trying to hide his shock, he said: "Sucks to be you then."

"What? Not even a thank you?", Dream whined. "I'd say you owe me." "Owe you what?"

"Hmm... how about... a kiss?"

In George's brain a red light started blinking and his braincells started panicking, running around hysterically and bumping into eachother while doing so, creating a giant chaos before passing out.

"I-what...?"