Chapter 7: Hurt

TW: Wound, Captivity, Needles, Cursing, Mentions of Death

*****************************

Stars were dancing through George's sight. He didn't fight them off anymore. I guess, this is the end now, he thought, then everything went black.

-------------------------------------------------

Dream was fighting for his life. Hissing, biting and hitting around himself, trying to fight off the strong holds the humans had on him.

It worked. When he hit the ground, something cracked in his tail. A horrible burning pain shot through his whole body like a lightning bolt not even a second later. Someone screamed. It took Dream a little while to realize it was him.

His plan had been to escape, but now he had to focus on not passing out due to the pain. The humans were yelling, it sounded so far away. In the corner of his eyes, he spot the ginger haired human. His lips were moving fast, but Dream couldn't hear him.

The other humans backed away when the male in the green jacket caught up to them. He pulled something out of his pocket and injected Dream something. The pain of something small and sharp in the stomach was literally nothing compared to the pain Dream's tail was putting him through, but he could still feel it.

The human carefully turned his face towards him and started talking to him in a soft voice. Dream didn't have the power to pull away anymore. Even though he couldn't understand what the human was saying, it kinda felt good hearing his voice. After a while, he couldn't feel the pain in his tail anymore.

The human noticed his calming face and lifted him up. It wasn't like the other humans touch, it was gentle and careful, like being carried somewhere and not forcefully dragged. The human continued talking and Dream's eyelids were becoming heavy.

But then he could suddenly feel water under him. The human placed him in it slowly, then let go of him.

Dream looked around. He seemed to be in a little tank, made out of something invisible. He had seen pieces of those in the ocean sometimes. Sapnap liked to collect them, apparently because of 'good luck'.

At the front was a small white house with a little window. To his left were wooden stairs leading to the top of his tank. The human stood there, watching him from above. Behind him was a big quadratic white thing he couldn't quite recognize. And to his right...

His eyes widened. Another tank, made out of the same strange material, and in there was the merman. He lied on the ground, unconcious, but thankfully alive. Dream laid his hand onto the invisible wall. Atleast he isn't dead, a part of him thought. The other part was screaming: What the hell did they do to him?!

Suddenly, Dream realized someone was watching him. He turned around to see the helpful human standing there, watching every single one of his movements.

Dream swam over to him. He looked down at his happily moving tail, which didn't hurt anymore. He wanted to thank the human, so he pointed at his tail, then the human and then hugged himself.

The humans eyes grew wide. Then he ran away all of sudden. Did I do something wrong?, Dream asked himself. Do humans not know hugs? Oh well, he turned around to face the merman again, who understands humans anyway...