Chapter 49: The Shipwreck

A huge wooden shipwreck was stuck in the ocean floor right in front of them. It seemed to be way older than the human boat they had been on and judging from it's degree of decay and overgrowth, it had been there quiete a long time. George had hit his head on a beam sticking out of the bow.

As he looked at it, Dream imagined what kond of wonderful feeling it must have been for the captain to stand on that bow and navigate the ship. And what kind of great treasures could he have safely - or not so safely in this case - delivered across the ocean...

After second of silence, Dream felt exitement building up inside of him. "Come on, let's explore it!"

"Are you out of your mind?! Who knows what could be in there! All kinds of animals love living in these things, including dangerous ones!
Besides, most animals come to places like this to find a partner and I am really not in the mood to see some animals doing their wierd mating rituals and who knows what else!" George turned around and started swimming away.

"Also, have you forgotten we're trying to catch up with someone? Going in there would be a complete waste of time."

Dream, however, was already on his way to find an entrance while George's annoye voice grew more and more quiet as he left.

Dream found a big hole in the side as he examined the ship. Maybe that could have been the reason it sank?

Carefully, he swam through the hole.

It was exactly like George had said, filled with life. Tons of different animals, big, small, colourful and shiny or dark and grey, merging into one rainbow coloured mess, living a busy but peaceful life amongst eachother.

As Dream got mesmerized by the variety of fish, turtles and all kinds of different underwater species, he heard a wierd sound. Curious to see what had caused it, he left the part of the ship he had just been in, but there was nothing there.

A dark feeling spread in him and a chill crept up his spine.

"George?", he yelled, but nobody
answered.