30. Kai assaulted me?!

Haneul's POV

It has been five days since Kai has been in this school. And I got embarrassed for straight 5 days. I'll be all excited and speak to him but he never looks at my direction. And the best of all, he'll wear his ear plugs if he hears me talking!

"The weather is gloomy right? Ugh! I hate this! Do you like this kind of weather?" I asked Kai while taking out my books.

"......"

"I had two pizzas yesterday and I feel like throwing up now" I said and imitated like I'm gonna puke on him.

"......"

"My heart is aching!!!! Omg! I think....it's a-a heart attack! Call the ambulance soon! Kai... Please....I'm dying" I said with my one hand on my chest, fallen on the ground.

"...."

No reply. So this was a short summary of "My 5 days with Kai". I depicted the best and best of all my acting skills for these past 5 days but he never bothered to even check out. -_-

He is really very lonely. He never talks to anyone and i know that the feeling of loneliness hurts so much. I have experienced many times before Taemin entered my life. I know that Kai won't reply me even if I talk to him but I'm just trying my best to at least be friends with him.

For the past 5 days, Kai and I are taking the same way to our house and that doesn't mean that we are walking together but it's more like I'm always behind him.. like following him. My curious eyes, trying it's level best in finding some clues about him. But I'm sure about one thing..He lives in the same area as me. I wave at him when I reach my apartment but he never waves back.

I was doing my Maths assignment while Kai was as usual acting cool with his *ear plugs on and mind is gone* mode. He was tapping his foot with his eyes closed and head slightly bent back. And by his taps I know that the song is a lively one.

His place was all messed up. Paper chits were thrown around along with chocolate wrappers, books scattered around, doodles on the bench....

I was wondering if I'm the only one who's "messy" like this but hopefully not. He is 100 times worser than me.

"How many should I tell you not to throw things around!" I said and got up, picking up those trash. I arranged his books in a corner and dusted his desk. All this time I never noticed Kai looking at me.

When I looked up, Kai and I made an eye contact.

"Don't repeat it again.. Be clean" I said working, with my eyes not on him any more.

I picked up the pile of trash and that's when I noticed Kai's eyes were still on me.......

"What?" I asked and he shook his head slightly....WITH A LITTLE SMILE and returned to his old position!

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! DID HE JUST SMILE! AT ME?!?!It's the first time he's smiling at me! I stood there still..

"Did you just smile at me?" I asked him.

"No"

"Come on.... I saw you smiling!"

"...."

Our first proper conversation after the first day introduction! Even though it's a simple reply "no", I'm still glad. So, he can converse with people if we do some chores for him and the bonus is a smile.

"And so... The meeting went on well but I'm not sure if the resolution will pass on or not.." Taemin was saying on the other line. I was walking in the ground during the break time sipping a can of juice.