15. Protect me!

"This place is definitely haunted!!!! I should've guessed it when that idiot said the rent was just 100 bucks! Imagine, a flat in the heart of the city and so spacious costs just 100 bucks! Who on Earth would've left it vacant! This apartment is haunted and that's why no one is coming forth to stay here and that's the reason the Flat rent is so cheap! Why didn't I think of this?! And I believed in that stupid idiotic Perverted Taemin and never asked anyone's opinion about moving to this apartment nor enquired about this place" I said to myself sitting in a corner with my knees close to my chest, totally frightened. I feel so scared. This place is haunted. I feel sleepy yet scared to move.

I built up some courage and slowly stood up to reach my phone. I don't know where i kept it. I gulped my saliva. The lights are turned off and i can barely see anything. I searched also for the light switch but before i could reach for the switch, i spotted my phone. Good thing i had a florescent green phone cover which glows at night.

I took my phone in my hand and searched for the light switch. Each and every step felt like climbing a mountain because of my fear. BOOM! Suddenly i heard a very loud noise which made me almost scream. And the loud noise was constantly repeating. It was a thunderstorm. Moreover i have Astraphobia (fear of thunder and lightning) from my childhood. I sat in the place where I was standing. I don't know what to do.

The teddy bear which my brother gave me before I'm moving here, is lost when i was shifting things from that apartment to this. He knew about my fear of thunder and hence he gave me a gigantic teddy bear to hug whenever there is thunder or lightning. He told me that the teddy gives you the feeling of the person whom you want to be near to, whenever i feel lonely or scared.

I crawled to the dining hall and sat under the dining table. There were lightnings along with thunderstorms and I could see it clearly from the windows. It has always been my worst nightmares. I feel really scared now. Tears are threatening to fall from my eyes. I shut my ears tight when ever I hear the sound.

The thunder sound gradually increased accompanied by lightning and heavy rain. And that's it! I can't control my tears. I started to cry due to fear. Tears rolled down my cheeks. The sound kept on increasing. I sobbed loudly and closed my eyes and ears shut whenever I hear the sound. I reached for my phone and searched for Amber's number. I quickly dialled.

"Y-Y-Yobosaeyo! A - Amber?" I asked sobbing and closing my eyes.

"Haneul?! Are you alright? Why are you crying???" I heard a man's voice.

"H-h-hello?" I said because I can't hear him properly.

"Haneul? I'm not Amber. I'm Minho! What happened!!!! " He asked and I could sense his fear.

"M-M-Minho, I.. t-t-thunder.. Help me! pl-AHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I screamed real loud when i heard the loudest thunder. I accidentally dropped the phone.

"HANEUL!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU NOW?! ANSWER ME! ARE YOU SAFE!" Minho yelled. Tears continued to fall from my eyes and I cried loudly. My head is now spinning badly. I don't want to be alone. I feel like fainting. My eyes are blur now. Minutes passed......I heard someone calling my name.

"H-Haneul?!"I saw a figure of a man. The voice was like it came from inside a cave. The figure ran towards me and held me from falling down. It shook me and repeatedly called out my name. The voice sounded familiar. All I could say was "T-Taemin!" and I blacked out.

MINHO'S POV

I heard her screaming loudly in the phone. I asked her where she was and if she alright. But I never got a reply. Haneul is in danger. I'm panicked.

I rushed my way out of my home and ran towards the car.

"Take me to the Grey Apartments!! QUICK!" I hurried the driver.