Chapter 30} I Feel Like I'm Drowning: Dawn's POV

Scared; It's all I feel. It's overwhelming and consuming. I'm trapped inside it.

Nikko is gone. My love. The father of my child. My late fiance. As I am in Jess's arms on the ground I move to him. I take the ring from him and place it on my right ring finger. I kiss his cold dead hand. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

"Why?" I have a question. I don't know what I'll do. What do I tell Sydnie? I can't parent our baby without him.

"Ok this is horrid, but what is Jessika doing here?" Trilly asks

"It's ok Trilly, Jess is good now," I tell her.

"Hi, I assume your name is Trilly. That being what Dawn said." Jess asks Trilly.

"Yes, and was that you who killed Warren?" Trilly asks Jess.

"Yeah, that was me." She answers.

"It's not safe here. We should go." I tell the group. We start heading home. Tears, still falling down my face. I thought it would be ok to fall in love but now I'm heartbroken.

"Mom!" Syd yells jumping into my arms.

"Come on baby I have to talk to you," I tell her, while still crying

"Mom, where's dad?" She asks innocently.

"That's what we need to talk about," I tell her. "Dad's gone."

"What do you mean?" Syd asks.

"He got shot, I'm so sorry baby." She hugs me crying into my shoulder while we are sitting on the floor of our home

"But he can't die! What about your baby?" Syd questions.

"I'll have to raise them without him," I tell the heartbroken little girl who just lost her dad.

"I'm going to miss him so much." Syd cries.

"Syd, it's ok. This is Jess. She's going to help me." I tell my daughter.

"Jess, this is my daughter Sydnie," I tell Jess.

"Come here, Sydnie," Jess says. She hugs Syd.

"This will work," I tell everyone. We have a memorial for Nikko. I'm going to miss him so much. But he'll be happy with his sister. I just hope he's looking down on me.

"I'm sorry Dawn, you don't deserve this." Trilly comforts me."

"Thank you," I tell her. "Nikko would want me to be happy. If I have a boy I will name him after his father." I break down crying more. I hug Syd.

"Nikko will be missed, I'm sorry we aren't wearing fancy put-together clothes. But we need to put things together." Gwen says.

"Ok," I say, wiping my tears away. "We need to make it through alive. Now, we need to put together everything we know and kill people to get to the end."

"I know that if we leave we get to go home with some dough and a story We just have to fight to the death. A plan would most likely be nessasary for survival though," Jess says.

"The world has watched us crash and burn. Now let's burn it to the ground." I say looking at what is left of the family forged. After Sydnie goes to sleep we all go to the living room. Before that I go to the kitchen with Gwen.

"How are you feeling?" They ask.

"Gwen, I'm lost I love Nikko, he's my world," I tell them.

"Of course." Gwen says

"I just want Nikko back. I want him more than I've ever wanted anything else," I says crying.

"He loved you so much," Gwen says.