Chapter 26 - Darker yet darker

We now walked all together to the south, passing again near the giant tombstone like structures and fences before arriving at the starting point we arrived once entered this Dark World.

As we proceeded going to the south, along the path some translucent dark liquid was filling the surrounding like we were walking on a path trough a swamp, for the liquid, some wooden fences or coffins.

Anima-"Eek. It is quite creepy here, it is worst than the north! What are all those Fluffy?"

Fluffy-"You are in a cemetery remember, you expected what? Rainbows? Cuddly things? Not here."

As the eyes of the Angel were following us to protect us along the light shield and fluffy, the Angel was quite nervous.

Angel-"Something is off, I feel watched. Just a moment please."

The Angel looked back seeing a shadow rapidly moving back to the strange water.

Angel-"What are those? Fluffy tell me. They aren't...."

Fluffy-"Yup! They are corpses... peoples who died yup... but they aren't alone here..."

Gerson-"What do you means? I think I know what you are speaking of but need confirmation."

Fluffy nod.

Fluffy-"You know is the Angel religion, dead persons are buried along an item very close to them, that they liked a lot and cared a lot for, you know why?"

Gerson-"Well, it is said to connect their spirit to the divine.."

Fluffy-"Yes, in fact, the items, turn into Darkners to help the deceased Lightners."

The Angel seems to understand.

Angel-"Oh, the corpse are turned in some of abominations that may be lost, and the Darkners help them manage the realization they are dead? Am I understanding well?"

Fluffy-"Yes. And those hmm creatures, between that are hmm.. a darkened lightner body, need to be guided by a Darkner, if not, they are ruthless and blood thirsty or driven insane. The one you saw behind you surely heard an advice or order from its guardian."

But as we spoke not looking forward, I bumped into what look like s bird shaped blue monster and a siren like one looking at us with the same black eyes as fluffy. Along them, two darkners, one shaped like a microphone the other like a crystalline woman.

Player-"Oh hmm sorry. Oh. I... we don't want any harm..."

The four monsters looked at us while smiling and nodding. The bird starting to talk.

Snowdrake-"I'm snowdrake... I didn't wanted to scare you. I passed recently. Is my child snowy okay? I.. I'm worried."

Gerson-"Oh yes! He has a lot of friends at school. No way... are you related to him?"

Snowdrake- "I'm his mother. Pardon me... you can pass. Thank you for telling me some good news. I hoped I would have stayed alive for more time..."

Angel-"I'm sorry for both of you and I'm happy some Darkners can help you. What about you?"

Lemonbread- "I'm Shyren mother. You surely know her she has a beautiful voice... I got an accident, I should have been more careful."

The two darkners guiding them kneel toward the Angel making the two resurrected Lightners worried and wondering why they do such a thing.

Fluffy-"Aren't they cute and intriguing? They can't even recognize the divine they are praying or worshiping for their entire life... whereas you have the same shape my angel...."