Chapter 20 - An artistic world

We woke up on a paved road surrounded by bushes, ruins along a very fantasy background.

Player-"Wow.... it is different than the other dark world we visited.... it feels like a fever dream."

Angel-"Well... Bishop is kind of a creative guy who enjoy create different universes while sorting everything at their right place."

I was looking in the sky seeing a space station and a dragon.

Player-"Ehm it is real or I am hallucinating... there are so many things going on."

Gerson-"I think that guy use elements from different styles. I used to write a few stories for my novel the Lord of the hammer...

He felt proud, standing before continuing.

Science fiction... fantasy.... comedy.... thriller.... you know?"

I nodded realising.

Player-"I see... but what should we aim for? Then? Hmm"

I looked around before spotting a kind of high tech amphitheater at the horizon from which a dark geyser was flooding toward the sky.

Player-"I think I found it. We have to go to that building" I pointed toward it.

We started to walk toward it, following the paved path. Along our way we met a lot of Darkners looking like comedians.

How to describe them? They were all so... sharps. Their body were basic geometrical forms like rectangle and triangle as their faces were white comedian mask, petrified of a certain expression. Some were more humanoid, with black capes and venician beak masks.

But something felt off as we progressed...

All the darkners were scared, some fleeing... shouting there are lightners coming, warning others.

Angel-"Excuse me... could you explain what is going on?"

?-"Oh no! There are more..... please spare me.... let me live... I have a family......." they started crying behind their mask.

Player-"Hey. Calm down. Tell us what happened. We aren't here to hurt you."

?-"What.. you mean you aren't with... that purple girl? Phew I am relieved."

Angel-"She did something?"

?-"I... many of my friends are dead. She... it is like she slaughtered... to forget."

We started walking along the Darkner toward the amphitheater. She was wearing a Cape, venician mask and shoulder pads, a rapier at her hip.

Gerson-"You seems to be aware of something?"

Anima-"Anima is my name, I have the gift, or the curse, to understand the emotions that animate the souls of others peoples.... you can say... I read in hearts.

She breathed a little before continuing.

If she is your friend... she is the pray of a great torment, she try to cool down by killing.... she likes violence, didn't she? But to protect the ones she loves."

Player-"So... they are all scared because she came before us? Hmm. We have to talk to her."

Anima-"I will come with you. Seeing the fear trail.... I think she may be at the dark fountain... the amphitheater."

Gerson-"Let's hurry.... Tapster may be in danger."

We started walking with a more reinforced speed as we approached the building, noticing a lot of various sceneries cut in cardboards*