Chapter 16 - Tenna the Rook

Mike-"But we will not fight here, Tenna has ears and eyes everywhere."

Gerson-"We can't afford a fight, the Lightners are surely almost meeting Tenna, this world will be closed, and everything lost. Arf."

Gerson was concerned trying to think about a solution to this problem.

Mike-"~There is no way, they let me and my men enter by the main entrance. I may have an idea, go meet Tenna as planned, we will use the stairs, nobody uses them, they are all lazy taking the lift! We will enter by the background door. We can either ambush the Lightners at one of the floors before they reach Tenna, or we aim for Tenna directly and try to steal the crystal for you.

-I think the first option is better. You, you take the lift to Tenna, compared to the Lightners, the employees shouldn't annoy you, you are friend with Tenna right? How does that plan sound?"

Angel-"It can work, also there is another phone cabin, let me call him to see if he has some news."

The Angel's Knight then went to the phone, taking the receiver and asked to have Tenna again.

Angel-"We are almost here, we are, in front of your Broadcast tower or station?"

Tenna-"~Ah perfect! Through, please hurry, the Lightners are at the second floor, where we record some action movie for tonight involving cowboys. I [Cancelled] it on purpose, if you see what I mean to slow them down, I am at the sixth floor."

Angel-"We are coming, do you best to slow them."

Tenna-"~There are still a cooking show and the news channel to pass along the Tv Gameshow I host. I dispatched my team on it, but I don't know if they can handle them for long. We are entertainers, not fighters! I must hang on."

Coming back to us, the Angel explained to Tenna.

Angel-"So we are lucky, most of the employees are busy with their respective show, currently at second floor, they have 3 more to pass. They are distracted, use the stairs as you planned."

Mike-"Perfect! See ya' up there, we will place ourselves at the News floor."

Wishing respectively good luck, we entered the building while Mike and his mens went in the dark alleyway to enter from the back.

The interior was luxurious, a red carpet with gold embroideries on the sides, two statues of Tenna was standing along the carpet, forward, a secretary was looking at us with her sharp yellow triangle glasses, wearing a purple tuxedo.

Secretary-"Hmm Hmm and you are?"

Player-"Excuse ourselves, we are here to see Tenna, the Angel right here, is one of his friend."

Secretary-"Oh! Yes! It was you on the phone. Please proceed, I am unlocking the VIP lift just for you. He is waiting for you at the sixth floor."

At the right of her desk, there were 2 lifts and a door, the first lift was a silver one, but the second one, we were about to take had gold plating for its doors. The door at the right of the lift was for the staircases.

We thanked the secretary as we entered it and pressed the number 6. It was what you may expect from a lift, a cozy entertaining little melody as the floors passed. When the number 2 was displayed, we heard such a mayhem of breaking table and spell casting. Yup, they were definitely here. But we just whistled like nothing happened.

Mike-"Hey. Did you receive us through your computer? Mike to Angel. Mike to Angel. Are you here?"

Gerson-"How did you? You hacked the lift announcement system?"