Chapter 4 - The First Recruit

Player-"So the game?"

Jevil-"Simple. If your HP drop to 0, you lose!"

Jevil then proceed to throw a giant scythe at us, surely with the aim to cut our heads.

Angel-"I see. A battle then?"

Player-"A what?"

Jevil-"Oh boy, boy. They never did one? Come on... Amateurs, amateurs!"

Gerson and the Knight then explained me how a battle work. You see those Rpg games, where you beat foes to gain Experience and some gold? It is the same here basically. Hmm but with some more features...

Gerson-"... so if you don't decide to attack of defend, you can also either use a spell or do an action, even use an item."

Player-"Like, I take the item and eat it and that's it? How about the spells?"

Gerson-"You don't know any spell yet, we will see at our return what you can start learning."

Angel-"Ok, we are now ready Jevil."

Jevil-"Finally... I slept for years and almost felt asleep again... let's go! go!"

The jester then proceed to summon a massive carousel, we sled between the horses on poles like snakes with regular ease, the jester got angered and along saying, I quote "Chaos chaos, I can do anything!", he then proceed to launch bombs with card color icon on them everywhere, when exploding they were releasing ton of small instances of the same instance in all directions, if I learned well, those are called bullets, and we need to avoid them, they are projectiles.

Gerson-"Phew, I am old and I'm starting to become exhausted..."

Angel-"Ah yes, I almost forgot..."

The Knight then proceed to write a magical arcanic circle on the floor, performing strange gestures with hands as the helmet star turns blue.

Angel-"By the power of the Angel, I grant to this old turtle strength, speed and resilience!"

Whereas Gerson got surrounded by spectral blue flame, he felt stronger as they dissipate away.

Gerson-"It doesn't hurt anymore. My bones... impressive. Cough cough."

Angel-"Now let's deal with him, the effect is temporary."

Jevil-"Magic? Don't mind if I use mine, mine!"

In a blink, Jevil summoned four scythes turning around the arena, going to the center regularly after some planed delays.

As we jump and perform tricks around to evade those very sharp scythes, the enemy lough uncontrollably like he had the day of his life.

Seeing we are still alive, he then teleport around at light speed with the aim to stab us with one of his diamond shaped knives, only I got hurt at the flank. What a good occasion to use an heal item to see if it works, I proceeded to eat a diamond shaped chocolate, as I ate it, the wound dissipated mysteriously.

Player-"Hey, it worked!"

Jevil-"Pathetic, pathetic! Feel like a baby is discovering it has hands, hands!"

Player-"Shut up! Enough joking!"

I then jump to Jevil to deliver a hit, in response of the hit, its head bounced off like one of those trapped mystery box you can have at Halloween with spring. Again and again, I continued, with the support of Gerson, creating magic rock shock-wave with his hammer, and the Angel throwing light spears.