Unveiled Mask

As consciousness wanes, pain throbbing through your battered body, a familiar voice cuts through the haze of darkness

As consciousness wanes, pain throbbing through your battered body, a familiar voice cuts through the haze of darkness. "Shit, I knew you had a death wish," Kazutora's voice murmurs, filled with a mix of concern and exasperation. He hovers over you, his presence both comforting and unsettling.

Barely able to respond, you catch a glimpse of Kazutora's face, his eyes reflecting a strange combination of worry and a twisted sense of fondness. "You better be grateful I like you," he mutters under his breath, his rough hands gripping your limp form.

In a haze of pain and fatigue, you feel yourself being dragged, your body becoming weightless as Kazutora carries you outside. The sound of multiple voices surrounds you, a chorus of concerned murmurs and hurried footsteps. You catch snippets of conversations, their meaning lost in the fog of your fading consciousness.

Suddenly, a voice you recognize, filled with determination and authority, cuts through the chaos. "I'll take care of him from here," they declare, instilling a glimmer of hope within you. The familiarity of the voice provides a flicker of reassurance, though your senses are too muddled to identify its owner.

With that comforting thought lingering in your mind, you succumb to the darkness once more, your body finally finding respite as you drift into unconsciousness.

As consciousness slowly returns, you find yourself in the confines of a hospital room. The lingering pain serves as an annoying reminder of the recent events that unfolded. Gathering your strength, you sit up, your eyes darting around the room until they settle on a nearby mirror.

Anxiety washes over you as you gaze upon your reflection. It's you again, Y/N, not Ryu. A bittersweet realization settles in, knowing that the facade you had created as Ryu has been shattered. Whoever brought you here now knows your real identity.

In the quiet room, your attention is drawn to someone standing near the windows. It's Mikey, his gaze fixed on the world beyond the glass. A mix of emotions floods your heart, uncertain of how he will react to the truth. Summoning your courage, you call out his name, your voice filled with a mixture of apprehension and hope.

Mikey turns slowly, his eyes meeting yours. There's a flicker of recognition in his gaze, as if he had sensed something was wrong with Ryu. He takes a step closer, his voice gentle yet filled with curiosity. "I knew something was off about Ryu. Why did you go back to that asshole?"

The weight of his question hangs heavily in the air, and you find yourself grappling for words, unsure of how to explain the tangled web of loyalties and deception. You take a deep breath, gathering the courage to share the truth with Mikey. "Hakkai went back to Taiju before I did. I only wanted to protect him, but I think that I may have made everything worse," you confess, your voice laced with concern and regret.

Mikey's expression softens, and he places himself on the side of your bed. With a sigh, he leans forward and plants a gentle kiss on your forehead. "I'm just glad I found out your real identity before Taiju did," he admits, his voice filled with relief. "You handled yourself like a fucking champ, even with two cracked ribs."

A bittersweet smile graces your lips as you lean into his embrace, fighting back tears of relief. "I'm glad I'm okay too," you whisper, grateful for his presence and protection.

Mikey holds you tightly, his arms providing a comforting shield from the chaos that surrounds you both. "You don't have to go through this alone, Y/N," he murmurs, his voice filled with sincerity. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. We'll face whatever comes our way together."

You hold onto him, feeling the weight of his words lifting the burdens that have been weighing on your shoulders. "Thank you, Mikey," you say, your voice filled with gratitude and affection. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"You don't have to worry anymore," he reassures you. "I'm going to keep you safe, Y/N. You and Yuzuha, too. You both mean so much to me. I was beyond worried when you fell off the face of the earth. I didn't know what he had done to you."

Then, Mikey surprises you with an offer that catches you off guard. "Y/N, I want you and Yuzuha to come live with me in the Toman hideout," he says, his voice filled with sincerity. "I can't stand the thought of you being in danger or alone. We'll be together so I can keep a close eye on you two, and I'll do everything I can to keep you both safe."

Your heart skips a beat at his words, the idea of being together with Mikey and Yuzuha in a place where you can truly call home bringing warmth to your soul. However, a concern lingers in your mind. "What about Hakkai?" you ask, your voice tinged with worry.

Mikey's expression softens as he replies, "For now, it's best for Hakkai to stay where he is, for his own safety. But I promise you, we won't rest until we find a way to bring him back to us. We'll keep him in our thoughts and work towards his freedom."

You smile, feeling a newfound sense of hope. "Thank you, Mikey," you say, your voice filled with gratitude.

Mikey's smile matches yours, his determination unwavering. "Absolutely," he responds, his voice filled with conviction. "We'll face whatever comes our way, and we'll come out stronger on the other side. We're in this together, Y/N."

Mikey's words hang in the air, the connection between you growing stronger with each passing moment. Just as he leans in to seal your unspoken agreement with what you pray is about to be a kiss, the sound of footsteps interrupts the intimate moment. Draken's voice breaks through the silence, calling out to Mikey.

"You wanted to see me, Mikey?" Draken's voice fills the room, his curiosity evident in his tone. As his eyes scan the room, they land on you, and his surprise is quite obvious.

"Y/N?!"