<sixty.>

SHE felt stupid

SHE felt stupid. Why did she do that? Ellie knew she shouldn't have done that with Fred, but she couldn't control it.

It was bound to happen eventually but she just couldn't believe herself. And what killed her more was that Brandon was upset with her.

"Ellie do you want toast?" Jane asked.

Ellie quickly looked over at Jane.

"Oh, no thanks I'm good." Ellie spoke softly and Jane just shrugged.

She didn't feel like doing anything. She kind of just wanted to be left alone, but considering she was in the Great Hall. She couldn't.

Ellie looked over at Brandon who seemed to be stressed. But why? What was happening? Rosie definitely knew. However, why couldn't Ellie? What was that big of a deal?

Ellie looked over at the Slytherin table and saw that Theo seemed to have fallen asleep and Daphne was trying to pour water on him but Blaise quickly took the cup away from her. Ellie then found herself glancing over at Gryffindor. She looked at Fred and he gave her a smile but she quickly looked away.

Ellie didn't want to talk to him. Yet , she knew he wanted to talk to her. Ellie tapped Jane.

"I'm going to class early if anyone asks okay." Ellie assured and Jane just nodded.

As Ellie walked out of the great hall she bumped into someone and they made her drop her books.

"Hey!" Ellie shot, but she didn't mean to let it slip out.

"Sorry! It wasn't on purpose." Mace said.

Then she looked at him.

"I shouldn't have yelled." Ellie stated.

"It's fine." Mace assured then bent down and grabbed her books to hand to her. "Are you okay? You kind of look different."

Ellie somewhat froze.

"What do you mean?" Ellie asked.

"I mean not in a bad way! You look more I don't know. Mature?" Mace advised.

Ellie just seemed confused.

"I'm just sort of out of it." Ellie explained. Then looked at him. "I'm sorry for the way things ended by the way."

Mace shrugged.