Chapter Fifteen: You Can't.

[TW: Intense trauma-induced panic attack. I will give another warning before it happens, as well as a note for when it ends.]

Silence.

What kind of sick joke was this?

"You're a villain whether you like it or not. As a product that was fairly bought, you have no right to your own thoughts, feelings, or opinions. You live only to carry out the will of the League of Villains, nothing more."

[Name]'s chest burned with anger, his fists tightening even more at his sides. Vile insults in his mother tongue were lodged in the back of his throat, itching to stab the man before him over and over until his idiotic ramblings grew quiet. At the same time, dread twinged in his gut and he dared not to steal glances from his peers standing alongside him.

He wanted to scream, to permanently shut up the spewings of this childish villain prying open the unbecoming past that he so desperately buried into the darkest depths of his mind.

"Never show weakness."

For once, his father's teachings were useful.

His father...

...

̶'̶M̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶e̶r̶.̶'̶

[Name] forcefully smothered the negativity that was spilling over him from the second consciousness in his head. He drew in a deep breath and focused on the sensation of his lungs expanding, the sound of his classmates' breathing, and the soft thrumming of the blood rushing in his ears. It wasn't like he would be able to hide it much longer, so he might as well just come out with it.

In as calm of a voice as he could muster, he finally spoke.

"It's a bit rich to hear someone like you calling someone else a tool. You don't seem like the type to use your head." [Name] uncurled his fists and relaxed his hands despite the pounding of his heart.

"I don't want to hear that from someone whose parents were so quick to sell him to us 'lowlives.' To think people as influential as them would raise such a smart-mouthed failure." The black clad villain scoffed, a smug smile clear in his voice. "No wonder they didn't want you."

The [blonde, black, etc.]-haired boy ignored the stinging in his chest and refrained from showing any reactions to the casual slander of his character. Everyone else watched on with dumbstruck and confused faces, feeling a little out of place as they fell witness to the battle of piercing words.

"I don't care that my parents sold me to a bunch of scum like you." Lies. "They don't determine what I am or what I'm not, and neither do you. Their shady affairs have nothing to do with me."

"Oh really? So then why did you kill them?"

!!!

Of course he would bring that up. Of course he knew.

Why? Why was everything falling apart now?

What the villain said struck a chord with All Might and the other boys standing with [Name]. He could feel their eyes burning holes into him even as he avoided looking their way. His heart beat faster and faster against his rib cage, anxiety surging through his nerves like a poison as he struggled to keep a neutral expression. He was afraid to face his classmates.

... What was going to happen after this?

Nothing will ever be the same again.

And after he had tried so hard to convince himself that he could keep going, that he could turn over a new leaf, that he could atone for his sins.