Chapter Twelve: Don't.

[I'm so sorry this is late omg💀 ALSO HAPPY NEW YEARS!🎉🎉🎉no i didnt forget to add that and had to go back and edit it in, you have no proof]

When [Name] returned to the monitor room after his match, he was greeted by faces full of admiration and endless words of praise. He moved back a little when a group of his classmates approached him, otherwise showing no visible discomfort at the flood of (unwanted) attention washing over him.

"Woah, dude! I knew you were crazy strong but holy crap!" Exclaimed a boy with a black lightning bolt streak in his hair.

"That was so cool!" Uraraka gushed, her nausea long gone. "Watching two strong people fight is so exciting!"

[Name] noticed the way that Kirishima stopped himself from wrapping an arm around his shoulders, his signature sharp-toothed grin faltering in the slightest. The redhead swiftly rebound with playful smugness, "See! I told you Hua's amazing!"

"Don't forget Todoroki! Man, I don't know what I would've done if I were Hua. He froze the entire building like it was nothing!" A plain-looking student with a triangular smile stated.

'Ugh, that's all it takes to impress people these days?' Rai huffed, clearly displeased that he wasn't getting an ounce of recognition.

The stoic [blonde, black, etc.]-haired boy didn't utter a word as he lined up on the side to get ready for the review of his match. Todoroki stood to his left, his exposed sterling-gray eye sparing the other a fleeting glance when he approached. It was only the two of them since Shoji had been taken to the nurse's office after the match. His unconscious body was slumped against one of the trees outside when Todoroki had left the building.

"There's... two people? Some weird liquid is heading towards us from the fourth floor and I think Hua is somewhere on the same floor," Shoji said as he used his Quirk to detect the opposing team. His eyes widened slightly. "Whatever that thing is, it's fast."

Todoroki showed no signs of concern as he walked past the taller teen and placed his right hand on the wall. "Go outside, it's dangerous. The specifics of his Quirk don't matter to me."

There was still something that was bugging him, though. Just what was the malicious presence he had sensed behind him? He didn't remember hearing anything else in the halls, much less actually seeing anyone. Even when he was going up to the fourth floor, he didn't encounter the supposed "liquid" that Shoji had warned him about—and not to mention the fact that his ice failed to freeze it.

[Name] adjusted the visor that was clipped to his utility belt as the class discussed the events of his match. He swallowed down his ever growing anxiety and subtly bit at the inside of his lower lip, a mask of apathy framing his handsome features in an act of being unfazed. Despite this front, the dozens of eyes analyzing his figure still made his skin crawl.

'Has everyone already forgotten about that explosion? Humans are such simple-minded creatures.'

●○●

[Name] quietly watched the remainder of the matches with little to no interest. He paid attention for the most part, but it was hard to have peace of mind when he was hyper aware of the fact that his friend was resting in the nurse's office due to a situation that could have and should have been avoided. All throughout the review of his match, he couldn't help but think about how Midoriya would've been enthusiastically writing notes on his combat abilities if he were here.

But there was no use dwelling on that any longer. It was painfully obvious to him that nothing was going to come of it, so it was pointless to get riled up again.