Chapter Two: Trepidation

[Quick Disclaimer⚠️: This story can get very serious at times and contains dark themes that may not be suitable for some audiences. Examples may include, but are not limited to: PTSD, trauma, violence, depression, and suicidal thoughts. I wrote this with the intention of sharing a complicated story in which the main character struggles with a mental disorder+other things relating to mental health and learns to manage it (with the help of therapy and a support group) as he pursues his journey to become a pro hero. There won't really be any dirty NSFW scenes like some other BNHA fan fics have. Maybe some slightly suggestive stuff, but that's all. Basically, this book isn't all sunshine and gay rainbows and I do not recommend for people younger than 17 to read, unless you can be mature about it. If Cursed isn't your cup of tea, then I'm sure that there are other stories that suit what you're looking for!]

The written exam was a breeze for [Name]. That much was to be expected, seeing as he was always top of his class in both elementary and middle school. His father always held high expectations for his academics...

That was the only thing that he showed even remote interest in when it came to his own son. It wasn't as if he ever raised a hand to [Name] because of an assignment that was a few marks off of a perfect 100%, but... the disappointed look that he would give him somehow felt even worse. It never failed to make the [blonde, raven, etc.] feel like he wasn't good enough. Like he was a failure of a son. For better or for worse, his father was often preoccupied with work, meaning that the hired nanny did most of the communicating between him and [Name].

His mother, on the other hand, had absolutely zero interest in him as a whole. She never asked about his grades, how his day at school went, nothing. She wouldn't even look at him most of the time, and whenever she did, she always had this expression of complete apathy. It was unsettling how emotionless she was. It was no wonder that [Name] would often forget that she and Mey were sisters.

"For all of you examinee listeners tuning in, welcome to today's show!" The daydreaming boy jolted at the pro hero's voice emanating from the front of the exam orientation room. He clenched his teeth when it dawned on him what had happened and he sank back in his seat a little out of embarrassment. That's what he gets for not paying attention. "Everybody say 'hey'!"

Not a single person out of the hundreds of them in the room said anything. It was so painfully quiet that you could hear a pin drop. [Name] almost felt bad for the announcer pro hero. Almost.

'HAHA! He can save lives but he can't get a single teenager to respond. Some radio host he is, huh?'

"Tough audience, huh? Then I'll quickly give you a rundown on the practical exam! Are you ready?! Yeaaah!" Once again, the blonde man was met with no response. [Name] was a little surprised that no one had spoken up. He thought that kids his age were supposed to be more energetic than that, but he supposed that he was sorely mistaken. Must be out of nerves or the dead feeling students get after taking an exam. He thought that it was safe to assume that it's the latter.

To the stoic [blonde, raven, etc.]'s left, Midoriya began to excitedly fanboy over the sight of the loud pro hero, "It's the Voice Hero, Present Mic! Amazing! I listen to him on the radio every week! Aah, how cool! All the teachers at U.A. are pro heroes!"

Wait, they are?

'How could you not know such basic information? For someone so academically smart, you're pretty dumb,' Rai taunted.

'I'm going to eat your fruit sando.'

'Have I ever told you how smart and handsome you are?'

"Shut up." [Name] looked past the freckled boy next to him and saw the same short tempered blonde from earlier that morning. The brat had been so quiet that he hadn't even noticed him sitting only two seats away. That, and the mix of different auras in the enclosed room were making his sixth sense fuzzy.