Chapter Fourteen: Foreboding

[Yours truly is now 20 omg. anygays, enjoy yet another lengthy chapter ehe]

"What...?" Kirishima breathed out, his triangular brows drawing together in confusion and slight concern.

[Name] could hear his heartbeat pounding stronger and stronger in his ears as he tried to pinpoint the sinister aura to no avail. Aizawa turned around and seemed to stare at something further inside the USJ, his own aura flaring with alarm.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Kaminari asked, probing for more information.

"Gather together and don't move!" Aizawa interjected as he got into a defensive stance. "Thirteen, protect the students!"

"What is that?"

Aizawa shouted at them not to move when a few of the students attempted to take a step closer. They flinched back, the creeping tendrils of worry infiltrating their minds from both Hua's statement and the way that their homeroom teacher was acting. That feeling worsened when he placed his goggles over his eyes.

[Name]'s mismatched gaze darted towards the fountain where he saw dozens of figures walking out of a huge... warp gate? Despite the distance between them, he could still see the thick bloodlust oozing from them (although barely). It was even denser around one person in particular, but he wasn't able to discern anything more than their silhouettes. All he knew was that they were in danger.

"They're villains. We need to leave now."

Panic and fear reared its ugly head immediately after he said that, although no one dared to utter a word. They were rooted to the ground, too afraid to move—too afraid to attract the villains' attention anymore than they already have.

Rai huffed, judgment clear in his tone as he half-heartedly observed.

"What? Villains?! How did they get in?" Kirishima inquired, his smile long gone.

"These scumbags are the ones responsible for trespassing earlier, huh?" Aizawa muttered with an expression of disdain. [Name] pursed his lips in thought. Why wasn't anyone rushing to leave? They were wasting time.

The gray scarf-like cloth resting on Aizawa's shoulders flared up as he got ready to fight.

Yaoyorozu brushed past [Name] and Kirishima with a troubled look that matched everyone else's, "What about the trespasser sensors?"

"We have them, of course, but..." Thirteen trailed off, much to the class's dismay.

"Did they only appear here, or around the whole school?" Todoroki asked aloud, drawing everyone's attention towards him. He hadn't spoken the entire day, so it came off as a surprise. "Either way, if the sensors are not responding, that means they have someone with a Quirk that can interfere with the signal."

[Name] tuned him out as he went on to explain just how dire their situation was. Whatever he said, it amplified their classmates' fear, which [Name]'s Quirk was steadily absorbing. After what happened during their lunch break, taking in that much negativity wasn't very optimal given his condition. To make matters worse, All Might wasn't here like he was supposed to be.

Wait, All Might...

Were they here for All Might?

"Thirteen, start the evacuation," Aizawa instructed. "Try calling the school. These villains even had something to counteract the sensors. It's possible someone with radio-wave-type powers is interfering."

... Didn't Todoroki just finish explaining that?

"How did you know that they were coming?" Kirishima suddenly turned to the silent [blonde, raven, etc.] next to him as their teacher told Kaminari to try to contact the school with his Quirk.