Chapter Six: Rising Tensions

[LONG CHAPTER POG]

Aizawa had all of Class 1-A change into blue tracksuits and gather outside onto the field. [Name] was a little reluctant to change in front of other people, but he didn't allow his discomfort to show. Fortunately, everyone else in the locker room had the decency to keep their eyes to themselves. No one sparked up a conversation, which was to be expected since they didn't really know each other. Well, it wasn't completely silent–

"What do you think we'll be doing?" Kirishima asked a quiet [Name] as they changed. The latter zipped up his tracksuit and didn't so much as spare him a glance.

"I don't know," The aloof [blonde, raven, etc.] answered simply. He finished putting his things away into his locker and promptly left the boy's locker room without another word. The rest of the boys followed suit a few moments later and, soon enough, all of Class 1-A was gathered out on the field.

"A Quirk assessment test?!" Almost all of them yelled. A lot of their countenances were made up of shock or disbelief, with only [Name] and a couple of other students displaying indifference.

"What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?" The brown-haired girl from before inquired with a dip of her brows. Aizawa stood with his back towards them, his low voice thrumming from within his chest,

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events."

Everyone listened as he brought up how U.A. allowed their teachers to do whatever they deemed fit and criticized the Ministry of Education for being inefficient. At some point, [Name] glanced to the side and saw a short, purple... ball-haired... boy... that was staring inappropriately at one of their female classmates' butt. His exposed [hazel, blue, etc.] eye narrowed as he glowered in disgust at the blatant show of disrespect. If he were to ever do that, which he wouldn't, his father–

"Hua, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right?"

Why was he thinking about his parents so much, lately?

A pit of guilt welled up in [Name]'s gut as he shifted his attention over to his teacher. He swallowed thickly and forced himself to hyper fixate on his surroundings instead of the thoughts plaguing his mind. Like how his therapist taught him to do.

"Yes, sir."

The feeling of the fresh air filling his lungs with every intake of breath.

"In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

The low, slightly-dragged out voice of the older man that reached his ears.

"60 meters."

The smell of the greenery that was nearby.

"Alright, now try doing it with your Quirk."

The spike of anger that he felt from Midoriya's childhood friend...?

[Name] regained his composure, although it wasn't as if anyone noticed that it had been slipping in the first place. Aizawa handed him a ball with some weird device that went around it and told him to stand in the middle of a big white circle. He did as he was told and waited for further instructions as everyone watched.

Seriously, what was up with him being the center of attention so early in the morning?

"You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle." Aizawa explained. "Hurry up. Give it all you've got."

So, no holding back? Alright, that was easy enough.

[Name] stretched his arms over his head, then across his chest. A black substance crawled up his fingers and covered his forearms as he rolled his shoulders a couple of times. He adjusted his foot stance and lightly squeezed the ball in his hand before finally reeling his arm back, his non-dominant leg raising simultaneously. Everyone watched in anticipation as he sent the ball flying through the still air with one swift motion. The force from his throw created a gust of ephemeral wind that swept up a cloud of dust and blew their hair out of their faces. They had to close their eyes and shield themselves from any dirt that flew their way, although it only lasted for a few seconds.