Chapter Seven: Mutual Secrets

[Name] sighed quietly through his nose as he and Midoriya walked down the front steps of U.A. He had accompanied his friend to the nurse's office after class and politely waited for him outside the room. When Recovery Girl saw his blackened finger, she was extremely confused and concerned as to what led up to such an injury. Midoriya had to explain that his finger was purple at first, but then [Name] did something with his Quirk and said that he healed it. Recovery Girl studied his finger for a bit and had him move it a little to judge whether or not [Name]'s word held true. Once she saw that it was mostly healed, she decided to wrap Midoriya's injury with a bandage before sending him on his way.

"Thank you for healing me," Midoriya said quietly, breaking the hanging silence between them. Despite the fact that he had known [Name] for about a year now, he didn't actually know all that much about his Quirk. When he first asked, he got a vague explanation about six arms made of shadows and the ability to transfer their strength into his arms and legs. But that was all that he was told; there was nothing about healing abilities. Midoriya wasn't sure as to why, but for whatever reason, [Name] decided not to mention it.

The latter only hummed in acknowledgement before abruptly stopping to turn around and smack away the hand that was about to land on his friend's shoulder. Surprised, Midoriya looked to the side and saw a similar expression of befuddlement plastered on Iida's face. The indifferent [blonde, raven, etc.] beside him just stared down the blue-haired boy with a narrowed gaze.

"Is there something you need?"

Iida seemed to break out of his initial shock and cleared his throat, his hand awkwardly returning back to his side. He did his best to stand his ground against the intense, unwavering glare of his classmate and ask the question he had approached them about.

"I came to check if Midoriya's finger was okay."

"He's fine," [Name] asserted, still wary of the other teenager. The two equally-tall boys stared at each other for an uncomfortable amount of time before Midoriya decided to cut the tension and Iida broke eye contact.

"Yeah, I'm okay! Uh, Recovery Girl checked it out," he explained, holding up his bandaged finger as proof. He didn't necessarily lie; Recovery Girl did check out his injury, but she wasn't the one who healed it. Midoriya didn't think that [Name] would want him to say anything about his Quirk to Iida, especially with the way that they started off on the wrong foot.

"You can leave, now." He seriously forgot how blunt the [blonde, raven, etc.] could be sometimes. Midoriya gave Iida an apologetic smile and then turned to his friend.

"It's okay, Hua."

Iida shifted his body weight from one foot to another, trying to maintain his composure while a heated glare pierced his face. He drew in a steady breath and cleared his throat, redirecting his attention back to his irked classmate. The sophisticated boy then proceeded to bow a perfect 90 degrees, the abrupt movement drawing in the attention of passing students.

"I sincerely apologize for the brash way I acted when we first met. I shouldn't have acted out of line by saying such rude things. I can see that now. I deeply regret my past actions and hope that you two can forgive me."

[Name] didn't say anything right away, his [EyeColor(s)] eye staring down his nose at the bowing male in front of him. Rai would've made Iida get on his knees and beg for forgiveness before he would even begin to consider accepting the apology; that much he was sure of. And despite all that, he'd probably spit on him and laugh in his face just to humiliate him further.

But [Name] wasn't Rai.

"You'll attract a crowd; stand up straight." The monotone [blonde, raven, etc.] eventually averted his gaze and continued to walk to the school's gates. He wasn't in the mood to socialize after the Quirk assessment test, especially with someone who had been so blatantly audacious when they first met– regardless of whether he apologized for it or not.