Chapter Nine: Combat Training?

[I will be changing Yaomomo's and Hagakure's costumes bc they're ass. I'm basing Yaomomo's hero costume off of @/Onughost's redesign on Twitter, and Hagakure's off of @/w1tchbud's redesign on Twitter. The only slight change I'll make to Yaomomo's redesign is that her shorts are a little bit longer (reaching the strap on her thigh). These lovely designs belong to those people, so please consider checking them out.]

[Name] slept like a rock after he got home from work. Thankfully, he wasn't disturbed by any more nightmares and got the proper rest that he needed. The following morning, remnants of the nightmare he had before work still loomed over him, but not enough for it to really take a toll. He could concentrate on the lessons that they were being taught that day and answered questions just fine when the teacher called on him. Compared to yesterday, today was considerably quieter and a bit underwhelming. It wore down the high that most of his energetic classmates had about attending the renowned U.A. High School, that's for sure.

Their morning classes definitely served as a harsh reminder that U.A. is still a high school, regardless of the new liberty they had with their Quirks. It really was like a normal school, minus the whole "hero" part.

At last, the students were given a break from all the ̶b̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ engaging learning that they were doing once the bell rang for lunch. [Name] put his things away and got up to join Midoriya to the cafeteria. Much to his disdain, Iida tagged along with them, as well as Uraraka (whose presence he didn't mind as much). The chatty trio talked as they walked while [Name] remained silent and listened. Well, not quite. He listened to their voices but not what they were actually saying.

Something else was already weighing on his mind.

"Hiding me from your old classmates is one thing, but if you get into the hero course, then I'll have to come out eventually."

As much as it pained him to admit, Rai was right—

'I'm always right.'

It was easier for [Name] to keep the brat's existence a secret in middle school since they were forbidden from using their Quirks. But things are different now. Even if he tried to hide it, the risk of slipping up was remarkably higher. That, and he knew that Rai wouldn't make it easy for him. Hell, he could summon himself right here in the middle of the busy halls if he so wished.

The only reason why he didn't do so in middle school was because he claimed that he was "too good for worthless nobodies like them," meaning that he didn't think it was worth his time to try anything at a small establishment like that. That's what he claimed, but he would also hide in the shadows of corners and scare the shit out of any unfortunate students that walked by.

It's a miracle that they could never pin it on [Name].

"Hua? Hua, you're next in line." The [blonde, raven, etc.] boy was pulled out from the clouds by the call of his surname. He realized that it was, in fact, his turn to order his food and the others in line behind him were starting to get impatient. He seriously needed to stop spacing out like that before it became a bad habit. Not only was it dulling to his senses, but also incredibly reckless on his behalf. Letting his guard down was the most naive thing he could do.

'Ugh.' His sixth sense was fuzzy from the mix of different auras flooding it. There weren't all that many in the cafeteria, but the total number of students in the building itself was a whole other story. It wasn't as if it harmed him, it just made it difficult to distinguish specific auras from the crowd. Either way, he'd much rather sit outside in the fresh air and open space.

Once he paid for his food, the apathetic teenager followed Midoriya to a vacant table and sat down with the rest of the group. Now more attentive, [Name] surveyed the cafeteria to get more familiar with his surroundings. There seemed to be people everywhere he looked.