Chapter 15

Lily arrived in steady steps at the door of the room that guy was in. As she turned the knob and entered, she heard his creepy drawl:

"Back already? Must be eager for round two."

"Round two, three, four... I could go on a torture rampage for hours if you'd let me," she replied in a bright voice, taking her mask off and putting it in her blazer pocket.

Alfonzo whipped his head towards her so fast she was shocked it didn't break off. His eyes trailed her red-clad figure, the cruel glint in her eyes and then realization sank in.

"Honestly, you men don't learn. Why would you isolate yourself with a vacation, lowering the security around you when your two members died not so long ago? You're that tired of your wife so you'd rather choose death?" But then she shrugged and handed him a smirk. "Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It only makes things easier for me."

"My men will come soon." He put on a brave expression. "The alarm system went off the moment you entered."

"The alarm system?" She blinked innocently. "Ahh! You mean the one that was disabled just this morning."

"I'm supposed to report to my Capo every day at this time, he'll notice something fishy if I don't and then-"

She cut him off by flashing the latest news from her burner phone:

"Is the well-reputed gentleman, Santano Giovanni, secretly involved in a drug cartel? Research revealed there was Methamphetamine, a highly addictive and illegal psychostimulant drug similar to amphetamine, laced in his company's newly released coffee that was said to increase wakefulness and allow higher levels of physical activity, aimed largely towards students and-" She turned it off.

Alfonzo's face was crumpled and he tried to push down the lump in his throat.

"What do you think? Will he come for you or something that's actually important? At the end of the day, aren't you quite disposable?"

She watched in delighted rapture as the light in his eyes dimmed when he realised how hopeless his situation was. Santano would be too busy doing damage control due to the information leak to spare a thought for Alfonzo.

She had to thank Selene for that one.

As a last resort, he tried running away, flinging the blanket with which he had been covering his body aside. The blanket fell on the floor in a pool and he ended up tripping over it, falling with a mighty thud.

Jeez.

She winced inside, even as she asked him with hope in her eyes, "Did you, maybe, break any bones?"

He scoffed, standing up with a puffed-up chest as if to show how very sturdy he was.

Completely forgetting that he was in his birthday suit.

Lily was going to get a headache. "Put some clothes on, I beg you, you're causing visual pollution here."

He was about to protest but she pulled out her gun and pointed it towards him. "I'm a pretty good shot, you know."

Once he was decently clothed, she whacked her gun against his head, knocking him out.