Chapter 2 - Humongous Bighead

As the last week of the summer holiday approached, Cassia and Will both grew thrilled about the return of the ginger family next door. Cassia was lazing on the couch in the main room of their house, doodling on a bit of parchment and glancing out of the window when she noticed Percy hurrying up the hill toward the Burrow, followed shortly after by the rest of the Weasleys.

"Will!" Cassia boomed, springing up from the couch and running toward his bedroom door, slamming her fists on it excitedly. "Weasleys are back!"

She heard a thump on the floor and then his door ripped open, revealing Will with hair sticking in all directions. "I fell out of my bed," he said. 

"Let's go," Cassia said, hurrying him out of the house.

They darted toward the Burrow, Cassia knocking lightly on the door as they tried to contain their excitement. 

Mrs. Weasley pulled the door open, immediately wrapping the two of them into a tight hug.

"Oh, my two favorite children who aren't mine!" she said, touseling each of their hair. "Come in! Come in!"

They stepped in, smiling as they saw Fred and George tossing Percy's Head Boy badge back and forth.

"Do you two need anything to eat?" Mrs. Weasley said, snatching the badge from George and putting it in her pocket quickly.

"No, we're okay, thank you, Mrs. Weasley," Cassia smiled.

"Molly, dear," she beamed. "Ron and Ginny are both upstairs in their rooms."

Cassia nodded and started upstairs.

"Not even going to say hello?" Fred called to her.

"She forgot about us," George said, feigning a sad tone.

"Hello, Fred! Hello, George!" Cassia called back.

"She hates us!" Fred said, pretending to sob.

Cassia shook her head, continuing to climb the staircase toward Ron's bedroom. She knocked on his door several times in a row, trying to annoy him.

"Mum! I am unpacking! Give me a minute!"

"I'm not your Mum, Ronald," Cassia said, continuing to knock.

Ron opened the door, smiling. "Cass!"

"Hey!" Cassia said, pulling him into a hug. "How was your trip?"

"It was great," he said. "Here, come sit down."

They sat across from each other on the floor, and Cassia noticed that he was now much taller than her and had more freckles than she had ever seen. He told her all about his trip to Egypt.

"But how has your summer been?" he asked after his amazing stories.

"Surely not as interesting as yours," Cassia laughed. "I didn't really do much. But, did you hear about the Azkaban break?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Oh, I got to meet our Defense professor for this year. Can't remember his name though."

"Did he seem nice?"

"Yeah, better than Lockhart at least."

"Good, I couldn't handle that two years in a row."

"Me either," Cassia said, grimacing. "I'm going to go say hi to Ginny."

She made her way to Ginny's room, knocking gently. Ginny pulled the door open, her face lighting up when she saw Cassia.

"Hi, Cassia!" she beamed, wrapping her in a hug.

"Hey, Gin. I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too! We have so much to talk about," Ginny said, pulling Cassia into her room by the arm.