Chapter 4 - Extra Lessons

The summer passed like a breeze; it was full of laughter in the Burrow and talks by the frog pond. The break ended quicker than Cassia had noticed, though, only realizing that it was the last week of it when it arrived.

"It's our last talk here before next summer," Cassia sighed, sitting down at the place where she had sat with Harry for the past few weeks.

"Are you ready to go back to Hogwarts?" Harry asked.

"I suppose," Cassia smiled. "Maybe it won't be so horribly chaotic this time."

"Maybe," Harry laughed.

"Or maybe it will," Cassia said. "And we'll have to go on some crazy adventure again and barely make it out alive."

The morning that they had to leave for Hogwarts started rather rough. Cassia was woken up by a frantic Finn, waking her up abruptly and shouting about how they were late. They had decided prior that Will and Cassia would ride in the car with the Weasleys so that Finn and Wendy could Apparate, so the two kids had to dash down the dirt road to the Burrow with their trunks bouncing about behind them. Crow meowed loudly as her crate was moved about hurriedly. After stuffing their trunks into the back, they bounded into the car and looked around them to see Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Percy, and themselves sitting comfortably in the back seat but not questioning it.

"Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they," Molly said, sitting next to Ginny in the elongated front seat. "I mean, you'd never know it was this roomy from the outside, would you?"

Arthur started the car and they made it out of the front yard before turning around again; George had forgotten his box of Filibuster fireworks. Five minutes after that, they turned around once more so that Fred could get his broomstick, and five minutes after that, they turned around once more since Ginny had forgotten her diary.

"Hey, we may have run late, but at least we've got everything," Will whispered to his sister. "I hope."

"I've forgotten Crow!" she joked.

By the time they had made it back into the car, they were running horribly late.

They reached King's Cross station at ten forty-five. They bustled through the station, Molly muttering about how worried Finn and Wendy must be.

"You two first," she announced, pushing Will and Cassia towards the barrier.

They ran through and saw their parents standing a bit away, Finn checking his watch nervously.

"Mum! Dad!" Cassia shouted, darting towards them so she could have time to say goodbye before the train left. Percy strode through the barrier behind them.

"What happened?" Finn asked worriedly.

"Fred, George, and Ginny all forgot something," Will explained.

"Oh dear, well," Wendy said, throwing her arms around the kids, and Finn copying her. "I hope you both have a good year and try to stay out of trouble, please, Cassia."

"I'll try," Cassia chuckled.

"Cass, I wanted to give you something dear," Wendy whispered while Finn took her trunk and he and Will went to put their things on the train.

She handed her a small box. Cassia looked up at her as confirmation to open it, and after she nodded slightly, she did. It was a small silver locket in the shape of a diamond. There was a small bit of paper under it in the box, but it was blank. She cracked the locket open, and there was a picture of two girls and a boy, who looked almost identical to Severus Snape.

"Whenever you see Professor Snape, I want you to give that to him, okay?" Wendy said.

"Is that him?" Cassia asked.