Chapter 14 - Great Adventures and Goodbyes

When she walked through the door, Cassia was greeted with Hermione stooped over Ron, shaking him slightly. He was still out cold, and Hermione seemed horribly stressed.

"What took you so long?" she panicked. "Help me!"

Cassia dashed over and shook Ron much more violently, and eventually, his eyes crept open.

"Bloody hell," he muttered, sitting up groggily.

"We've got to go, now," Hermione said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

"Did Harry get the Stone?" Ron murmured.

"Long story," Cassia said.

They sped through to the key room, grabbing a broomstick each. They flew up through the trapdoor and right past Fluffy, dashing through the halls as fast as they could. It was exhilarating, really, being able to run through the halls like that. They reached the entrance hall, but Dumbledore was already waiting there for them.

"Harry's gone after him, hasn't he?"

"Yes, professor," Cassia panted.

He nodded, his glasses glinting at the three, before speeding towards the third-floor corridor.

"What do we do now?" Cassia said.

"Um — go to bed?" Ron said questioningly.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep."

"Well, I suppose we should go back to the common room," Hermione said. "It seems rather inappropriate after the night we've had though, doesn't it?"

But, they did. They returned to the common room, talking for a bit before they all fell asleep on the chairs and couches they sat on.

"What are you lot doing?" said a familiar voice, waking Cassia up. It was Fred.

"Fell asleep chatting in the common room, did you?" said George, jumping onto the couch that Cassia had slept on.

"Rough night?" Fred said.

"You've got no idea," Ron replied groggily.

After eventually waking up, Ron took the liberty of explaining everything that had happened. Cassia and Hermione advised against it, as the whole situation was likely supposed to be a secret, but Ron droned on regardless. Fred and George listened intently, definitely trying to retain everything to tell all the other Gryffindors.

Cassia privately explained everything that happened to Neville, who listened intently and flinched slightly every time she said Voldemort. He forgave her, saying that next time the quartet tried to sneak out he would just hope it was for a good cause, making her laugh.

Ron, Hermione, and Cassia decided to visit Harry in the hospital wing after getting news that he was there from McGonagall. They each brought some candy, Cassia writing a small note and taping it on the treat she decided to bring. When they reached the wing, though, they realized they weren't the first to think of this. There was a small pile of candy next to the knocked-out Harry.

"Yikes," Cassia whispered, "he looks awful."

"He really does," Ron said.

There wasn't much to do in the hospital wing, seeing as Harry was unconscious, so they each dropped off their candy and left. Cassia made sure that her's was hidden a bit so that no one would see it. She looked over the note one more time, taped to, of course, a box of Bertie Bott's Beans.

Glad you didn't die

-Bertie (Cassie) :)

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧