╰┈➤ 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧

"You've been... waiting for me?" Y/N said, finally finding her voice.

"Of course, how could I not? My favorite maknae of Produce 48?" Soomin said in a mocking tone with a devilish grin.

"Just get to the point already," said Y/N, voice shaking.

"Oh dear, you're scared," she sneered. "You were always a sissy, hiding behind the other trainees and backstabbing them by trying to outshine them on purpose."
"I didn't do anything wrong," Y/N said, attempting to keep a firm voice.

Soomin suddenly lunged forward, slamming her hand against the glass, and Y/N flinched. "You ruined everything for me," she hissed, face contorted into pure hate. "You had no reason to try and be better, you greedy brat," she snarled. "Kids like you will be gotten rid of soon, just you see," she said with a smirk. "I'll make sure of it."

Y/N sat there, paralyzed in her seat due to fear, all the past trauma from the injury and Soomin's bullying which had tormented her during her survival show days coming back. Suddenly, the door behind Soomin clicked open, and the security guard grabbed her arm. "Visitor time is up, get along now," he said, dragging the prisoner out. She shot Y/N one last look of pure crazed violence before she was out of sight.

𓆩⟡𓆪

Later that day, Y/N lay curled up under the blankets of her bed in her hotel room, curtains closed to block out the sunlight, unable to find the hope or motivation to do anything since the encounter that morning. Why is it so hard to just confront her? Why is my past being such a weakness to me? Her phone buzzed and she glanced at it before shutting it off. It was the 14th missed call from Haruto, and she really didn't feel like talking to anyone at the moment. I just feel shitty. Suddenly, she noticed Hao was calling her, and she hesitated. A text message popped up from him.

HAO this is very urgent, please pick up rn

She grabbed her phone and accepted the call. "What's up?" she said weakly.

"Did you see the news?!? Don't freak out, I'm driving there right now, it's going to take half an hour-"

"Wait, what are you even talking about? What news?"
"Turn on the TV," he said grimly, and she pressed a button on the remote that was on her bedside.

BREAKING NEWS: MENTALLY ILL CRIMINAL BROKE OUT OF RURAL PRISON - AUTHORITIES ARE ATTEMPTING TO FIND HER

She felt her breath leave her as the news anchors started describing her physical features and behavioral tendencies.
"Soomin," she choked, shivering.